Critiquing arguments against Tumblety, or Francis the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghoulstonstreet View Post
    Hey to one and all who have an interest in Tumblety (I do tho I'm not convinced he did it). In actuality I would love for someone to come up with an historical example of a gay man who was known to cut out womens' reproductive parts. If this can be documented I'd be a lot more willing to seriously consider Tumblety as our guy. But I can't recall any such critter!
    As an aside, I posted a question to the Admin but haven't heard back. I want them to set up a book exchange via this website. I have about 35 true crime books which I really do not want to keep. I would like to exchange them with other folks' or send them off for practically nothing plus postage. Are we allowed to do that? Thanks
    Hi ghoulstonstreet,

Marc Dutroux was a gay serial killer who killed six women (1995-1996). I'm not sure about the taking out of body parts, but I don't see why that would have to fit into the equation. The myriad of motives serial killers follow can manifest in multiple ways.

Sincerely,

Mike
    The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
    http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
      Hi ghoulstonstreet,

Marc Dutroux was a gay serial killer who killed six women (1995-1996). I'm not sure about the taking out of body parts, but I don't see why that would have to fit into the equation. The myriad of motives serial killers follow can manifest in multiple ways.

Sincerely,

Mike
      By the way, this is an interesting read on homosexual serial killers. It may dispell some misconception. Also keep in mind, some JTR experts (Capt Jack) have evidence to support Tumbley not being a homosexual. Interesting...

Although the proportion of serial killers who are known to have had homosexual experience is high (over 43%), the total number of serial killers is too small to make statistically relevant statements about whether homosexuals are over- or under-represented among serial killers. [Click here for source, related studies and statistics.]

Also, it should be noted that many of the homosexual serial killers on this list were not active members of the Gay & Lesbian cultural community.

Many of the most famous serial killers (e.g., Jeffrey Dahmer, Andrew Cunanan, John Wayne Gacy, etc.) were homosexuals, but they became widely known due to the nature of their crimes or the identities of their victims, not because they in any way represent serial killers generally.

Given that less than 2% of adults are homosexuals (plus 1 to 2% who are bisexual), there would not need to be very many homosexuals among the total number of serial killers for them to be over-represented. But with such small overall numbers, and with no universally agreed upon definition of a homosexual, it would be impossible to determine the relative frequency of homosexuals among serial killers. Unlike gender and race (clearly ascertainable), there are no physical or genetic tests for sexual orientation. It can only be determined by behavior and self-identification.

Some serial killers engaged in sex with both males and females, which would prompt some people to classify them as bisexuals. Their actual identity would then be argued about by various biologists, gay writers, and others, who would classify their status as a variant of homosexuality, a distinct classification, or repressed homosexuals. Such hair-splitting is well beyond the scope of this paper. Suffice it say, all of the individuals listed here as "homosexual serial killers" can be classified as homosexual as the term is generally used.

Homosexual serial killers have most frequently chosen young boys or gay men as their victims, although some have victimized females as well. Most of the killers have raped their victims either before or after killing them, although in some cases they have killed after consensual homosexual sex. There have been heterosexual serial killers who have targeted gay victims (e.g., Colin Ireland), but this is very rare.

But more importantly, none of the serial killers listed here represent typical homosexuals, who, like the general population, are almost never involved in violent crime. The exact nature of each individual's feelings, attitudes, and behavior with regards to sex is unique, in the general population as well as among serial killers. Legally, all or nearly all of the homosexual serial killers on this list would be considered sexual deviants because of the extreme and violent nature of their acts -- not simply because of their homosexual orientation. It must be emphasized that violent sexual deviancy is exhibited by heterosexual serial killers as well.

Sincerely,

Mike

Comment

By the way, this is an interesting read on homosexual serial killers. It may dispell some misconception. Also keep in mind, some JTR experts (Capt Jack) have evidence to support Tumbley not being a homosexual. Interesting...

Although the proportion of serial killers who are known to have had homosexual experience is high (over 43%), the total number of serial killers is too small to make statistically relevant statements about whether homosexuals are over- or under-represented among serial killers. [Click here for source, related studies and statistics.]

Also, it should be noted that many of the homosexual serial killers on this list were not active members of the Gay & Lesbian cultural community.

Many of the most famous serial killers (e.g., Jeffrey Dahmer, Andrew Cunanan, John Wayne Gacy, etc.) were homosexuals, but they became widely known due to the nature of their crimes or the identities of their victims, not because they in any way represent serial killers generally.

Given that less than 2% of adults are homosexuals (plus 1 to 2% who are bisexual), there would not need to be very many homosexuals among the total number of serial killers for them to be over-represented. But with such small overall numbers, and with no universally agreed upon definition of a homosexual, it would be impossible to determine the relative frequency of homosexuals among serial killers. Unlike gender and race (clearly ascertainable), there are no physical or genetic tests for sexual orientation. It can only be determined by behavior and self-identification.

Some serial killers engaged in sex with both males and females, which would prompt some people to classify them as bisexuals. Their actual identity would then be argued about by various biologists, gay writers, and others, who would classify their status as a variant of homosexuality, a distinct classification, or repressed homosexuals. Such hair-splitting is well beyond the scope of this paper. Suffice it say, all of the individuals listed here as "homosexual serial killers" can be classified as homosexual as the term is generally used.

Homosexual serial killers have most frequently chosen young boys or gay men as their victims, although some have victimized females as well. Most of the killers have raped their victims either before or after killing them, although in some cases they have killed after consensual homosexual sex. There have been heterosexual serial killers who have targeted gay victims (e.g., Colin Ireland), but this is very rare.

But more importantly, none of the serial killers listed here represent typical homosexuals, who, like the general population, are almost never involved in violent crime. The exact nature of each individual's feelings, attitudes, and behavior with regards to sex is unique, in the general population as well as among serial killers. Legally, all or nearly all of the homosexual serial killers on this list would be considered sexual deviants because of the extreme and violent nature of their acts -- not simply because of their homosexual orientation. It must be emphasized that violent sexual deviancy is exhibited by heterosexual serial killers as well.

Sincerely,

Mike
        I'm sorry, the above is a quotation from an article titled:
        Statistical analysis of the proportion of homosexuality among serial killers,
        with a listing of prominent GLBT/homosexual serial killers

Comment

I'm sorry, the above is a quotation from an article titled:
          Statistical analysis of the proportion of homosexuality among serial killers,
          with a listing of prominent GLBT/homosexual serial killers
          Thank you.Sorry it took so long to catch up to your post. I acknowledge the fact that most serial killers are straight men, attacking straight women. How many gays are involved doesn't really concern me.
          My only point is that I don't believe homosexual men would be obsessed enough, or attracted enough to womens' sexual organs to dig them out, hold them up, cut them off and take them away from a crime scene, and that is just what JTR did. I am now going to read "A Sanguinary Tale", and we'll see where that leads me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghoulstonstreet View Post
            Thank you.Sorry it took so long to catch up to your post. I acknowledge the fact that most serial killers are straight men, attacking straight women. How many gays are involved doesn't really concern me.
            My only point is that I don't believe homosexual men would be obsessed enough, or attracted enough to womens' sexual organs to dig them out, hold them up, cut them off and take them away from a crime scene, and that is just what JTR did. I am now going to read "A Sanguinary Tale", and we'll see where that leads me.

Hey, a late reply is better than none at all. Interestingly, "A Sanguinary Tale" is pre-Victorian Age based in the 1790's. Good point on the homosexual obsession. My belief is that JTR was focused less on women and more on prostitutes. If Tumblety was JTR, it may very well be because of his hatred of prostitutes, which is a slightly different issue. He did associate with these types in his abortion business.

That said, I am still amazed with Chris Scott's discovery of the November 1888 The New York World article just over one week after his second arrest pointing out a big concern about Tumblety's hatred of women.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X