Was DR George Phillips jewish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was DR George Phillips jewish.

Hi i have reasons to believe that Dr George Phillips was Jewish, can anyone confirm me on that?

Hi Niko

No, not Jewish :

IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0
    British Isles
    Search Results | Download | Print

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GEORGE BAGSTER PHILLIPS Pedigree
    Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Event(s):
    Birth:
    Christening: 19 MAR 1835 Holy Trinity, Clapham, Surrey, England

Death:
    Burial:

Parents:
    Father: HENRY PHILLIPS Family
    Mother: SARAH

Comment

thankyou Robert.

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Hi Niko

No, not Jewish :

IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0
      British Isles
      Search Results | Download | Print

GEORGE BAGSTER PHILLIPS Pedigree
      Male

Event(s):
      Birth:
      Christening: 19 MAR 1835 Holy Trinity, Clapham, Surrey, England

Death:
      Burial:

Parents:
      Father: HENRY PHILLIPS Family
      Mother: SARAH
      Thankyou for getting me out of doubts,reason was that i lived in the East End and i knew a girl in the area,which her great grandfarter was to been Dr George Phillips,and i swear i always thought she was Jewish. I also knew three boys from my school, that relatives had been involved in some sort of manner in the whitechapel murders, their names were,Anderson,Kelly and Cole.Thanks for the reply,all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by niko View Post
        I also knew three boys from my school, that relatives had been involved in some sort of manner in the whitechapel murders, their names were,Anderson,Kelly and Cole.Thanks for the reply,all the best.
        Just out of curiosity, do you know what the Anderson connection was?

Comment

Hi Niko,

George Bagster Phillips married fairly late in life. He and his Wife Eliza apparently never had children.
          Best Wishes,
          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
            Hi Niko,

George Bagster Phillips married fairly late in life. He and his Wife Eliza apparently never had children.
            Hi Hunter,that could mean that Dr Phillips had chidren out of his marrige, or the girl i mentioned was pulling me leg when she told me she was related to Dr Phillips, i more belive she pulled me leg,like i mentioned before thinking she was Jewish.Reason being i remember she use to wear a star of David neck pendent. I belive this question is closed and i am convinced that Dr George Bagster Phillips was defenetly NOT Jewish,all the best Agur.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Just out of curiosity, do you know what the Anderson connection was?
              Hi Chris, my memerory of them, as three good class mates (noble lads). Kelly and Cole were related to the victims and Anderson to a Policeman, i don,t know want rank. All right then mate,all the best,Agur.

Comment

I went to school with a great lad called Abberline. I believe one of his relatives was somehow involved with the Ripper case. I have reason to believe this relative was a policeman as young Ab (as my other mates Pizer and Flemming junior called him) used to wear a whistle around his neck. Happy days.

Comment

I would imagine it is possible that her grandfather was in fact Dr. George Phillips without being THE Dr. George Phillips. Quite frankly if she was a school mate of yours, I don't think she would be of an age for her Grandfather to have even been born in 1888. Great-Grandfather maybe. Great-great grandfather surely.
                  The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                    I would imagine it is possible that her grandfather was in fact Dr. George Phillips without being THE Dr. George Phillips. Quite frankly if she was a school mate of yours, I don't think she would be of an age for her Grandfather to have even been born in 1888. Great-Grandfather maybe. Great-great grandfather surely.

In his/her post - he/she does actually say 'great grandfarter'. I live with a grandfarter () but I am sure he/she actually meant 'great grandfather.

Incidently - my maternal grandfather was born in 1882.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post

Incidently - my maternal grandfather was born in 1882.
                      How old are you? I mean, Niko is about my age, and my grandfather was born in 1912. And my dad is the youngest, and my parents were in their 30s when they had me.

On the other hand I was friends with a girl whose dad died our freshman year in high school. Of old age. He was 79. her mother was 36.
                      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                        How old are you? I mean, Niko is about my age, and my grandfather was born in 1912. And my dad is the youngest, and my parents were in their 30s when they had me.

On the other hand I was friends with a girl whose dad died our freshman year in high school. Of old age. He was 79. her mother was 36.
                        I am 53. My grandfather was the second youngest of 11 children. He died aged 42 in 1924 when my mother was almost five years old. My mother (born 1919) was the second youngest of six children - only four of whom survived childhood. I am trhe youngest of three surviving children and mum was approaching 38 when she had me.

Comment

Hello Limehouse, Errata,

We come from the same generation Limehouse. My Mum was 42 when I was born (I was the last of 3), and her mother and father were born in 1888 and 1880 respectively. My maternal grandmother was one of 9, 5 of whom survived the age of 4, the others all passed away early, as was pretty much the norm in the East End in the LVP.

Looking at my line, My youngest son was born in 1995, (I was born in 1958), Mum 1916, Gran 1888, gt Grandad 1852, gt gt Grandad 1827 and his Mum, 1794. 7 generations in 201 years, which is almost 30 years per generation.. thats pretty high!

Apologies for any thread disruption.

best wishes

Phil
                          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                          Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                          X