Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Victoria!

Don't worry;

none of us -not even the most wittiest on these boards - will never make a fool-proof theory!

All the best
    Jukka

(PS. Interestesting to see your paper here!)
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

victoriaa17:

As per Jukka you may wish to make clear in your paper that there is no solution so your instructor does not "ding" you for failing to provide your own.

--J.D.

Comment

Finished!

I'm finally done! Thanks for your help everyone. I attached it on this reply so tell me what you guys think!
        Attached Files

Comment

I've not read it yet, Victoria, but I just want to say that in my 4 years here I have never come across a transitory student as well sussed and reliable on this site as yourself. Sincere congratulations and thanks for actually CONTRIBUTING as well as utilising. You are a very rare breed indeed. You probably won't, but I think I speak for us all when I say you would be a welcome addition to the site.

PHILIP
          Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Victoria,

Just read it and liked it.

It must have been so hard to condense this down to 3 or 4 pages. Hard to find a line as it were.

That said, can I ask why there is little mention of why he wasnt caught? as per you initial outline.

As Phil and Ally say, its rare to find a student who is willing to partake on the casebook and ask sailent questions. Not only that but contribute as well.

Now, enough of the patronising...

Monty
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Just read your article, and I would definitely say it is one of the better accounts of the crimes.

It is not easy to precis a subject such as this, what do you put in, what do you leave out. However if you were to publish this as a Home page for a Jack the Ripper website I think you could do a lot worse. Obviously there are some errors, but I can't recall anyone writing anything without making a few mistakes, myself included.

I would give this a C+ or a B.

Comment

Nicely done, Victoria! Like Monty says, it's not easy to summarize the subject of Jack the Ripper in only 3 or 4 pages, especially because there are so many aspects to the case. But I think you've done a good job!

The best,
                Frank
                "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

I can only echo what the other reviewers have said. I enjoyed reading your essay, Victoria. Congratulations on a neat piece of work.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Thou hast PM.

--J.D.

Comment

I just want to thank everyone again and tell you that I did some more editing with a lot of your help, and Mikes. I'm on a different computer than usual so once I get to my normal computer I will post the newer version up if anyone is interested.

Comment

This Is Outrageous Behaviour By A Newbie!!!!

You do realise Victoria that you're not playing the game here? According to some posters anyone new coming on these boards is immediately abused and attacked and driven away.

So can we have a bit more cowering please?

PS I for one would like to see the final edition. PM me when it's ready.

Comment

Hi Victoria,

The pleasure is all mine, you did really well condensing it but showing just what happened.

Well done, and of course good luck
                          Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
                            You do realise Victoria that you're not playing the game here? According to some posters anyone new coming on these boards is immediately abused and attacked and driven away.

So can we have a bit more cowering please?

PS I for one would like to see the final edition. PM me when it's ready.
                            Id like to see the essay also.

Monty
                            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Wow, I just revisited this site on a whim and I looked over this thread again. And I wasn't as educated on format and citations in grade 10, but now as a high school graduate I truly appreciate all the resources and advice you all gave me. Reading one of my first research papers was a very humorous experience, I'm grateful for the interest everyone took in my paper even though it was very amateur, also I'm glad to tell you all I now know how to use MLA and many other techniques for formatting papers and I am currently enrolled at Kings University for journalism. I can honestly say that this website and all the people who helped with my little research paper gave me the confidence to continue with my writing. So this is just a quick thank you for all your kind words and patience.

Comment

Hi!

No one knows how Jack is!
                                The cannonical five was Mary Ann "Polly" Nichols, Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddowes and Mary Jane Kelly.
                                They couldnīt find him cause the police wasnīt that good at the time and they was suspecting the wrong man!

And from my opinion I also think he was a mentally ill nobody, but there are strong suspects such as Francis Tumblety and William Henry Bury!

Hope that helps!
                                Last edited by Mattis; 10-03-2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X