No announcement yet.

True Crime Media Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The remake of Psycho, supposedly inspired by Gein, is on SciFi late tonight.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

This evening, The Capture of the Green River Killer (2008) is on Life Channel.

Stan Reid

Comment

I believe GRK Part II is on tomorrow evening - special guest star Ted Bundy. So far, it's about what I'd expect on Lifetime.

Stan Reid

Comment

The Staircase Murders Lifetime today

Tomorrow The Silence of the Lambs A&E - The Capture of the Green River Killer Lifetime

Stan Reid

Comment

Better get your tickets! There's a new Boston Strangler movie coming out in 2010.

Stan Reid

Comment

Wednsday 20th August Crime Stories Crime and Investigation Network 3pm and 7pm Channel 531
              The episode covers the Boarding House Killer- Dorothea Puente

Thursday 21st August Serial Killer Uncovered 10pm on Sky 1.
              The episode follows the FBI Serial Killer Profilers.
              Regards Mike

Comment

On August 22/23:

WGN Superstation is playing Summer of Sam. Too much summer and not enough Son of Sam in my view.

Later, SPIKE is running Highwaymen, a film that has commonalities with a series of unsolved hit and run murders in California during the early 1990s. Although most critics don't agree, of these two, I like this one much better.

Stan Reid

Comment

The Capture of the Green River Killer is on Lifetime in a few minutes if you haven't seen it and have 4 hours to spare.

Stan Reid

Comment

Tomorrow evening (Oct. 1) on PBS TV, Secrets of the Dead is doing the Dr. Crippen Case.

Stan Reid

Comment

Thanks Stan!

Thanks for the heads-up on the Crippen show tomorrow night.

JM

Edit- It's the same show that aired in the UK on Channel 5 a few months ago.

Was Dr. Hawley Harvey Crippen, hanged in 1910 for poisoning and dismembering his wife, guilty of the crime?

I've seen it, but I'm glad that it's showing in the US, may rekindle the discussion.

JM
                      Last edited by jmenges; 10-01-2008, 04:36 AM.

Comment

OMG! Its a Crippen is innocent show! Too bad I wont watch that crap. Crippen was born a few counties over from where I live. If they ever return his body I think I shall record the events!

Comment

Tomorrow, the SciFi Channel is playing Borderland based on the Matamoros cult murders. This was a great film although who knows what will be left after it's chopped up for TV.

Monday, AMC is running Murder By Numbers (Leopold and Loeb) and the remake of Psycho (Gein) although both more properly fit into the "inspired by" catagory.

Stan Reid

Comment

There's a "Jack the Ripper" program listed to start on the History Channel in a few minutes. I don't know if it's a new one or not. It will probably replay in 3 or 4 hours.

Stan Reid

Comment

Ah, it was the new one featuring our Philip. Well done but no real new information that I noticed. I guess it was just made for the general audience. Like I said, it will play again in a few hours so wind up the old kinescope machine. I expect it will also replay on the weekend afternoon if it follows pattern.
                              Last edited by sdreid; 10-11-2008, 06:26 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Is that the Freemasonry one, Stan?

If so, Philip's about the only good part about it
                                “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Working...
                                X