This doesn´t bode well!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This doesn´t bode well!

So after many thousands of posts it has now been decided that Charles Lechmere actually needs to have a suspect division of his own.

Looking at the company it puts him in, that does not bode well...

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    So after many thousands of posts it has now been decided that Charles Lechmere actually needs to have a suspect division of his own.

Looking at the company it puts him in, that does not bode well...
    well of course. if hes the ripper, then the rest are obviously not! ; )

BTW fish, I think he deserves his own spot. : )
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Abby Normal: well of course. if hes the ripper, then the rest are obviously not! ; )

True enough! I sometimes do the exercise to imagine Jacob Levy, George Hutchinson, Robert Mann, James Kelly, Aaron Kosminski or any of the other proponents scuttling of into the darkness, knife in hand, as Lechmere turned the corner up at Brady Street.
      Since Lechmere himself is a suspect, I can´t help but to view these scenarios with two suspects in the same block at the same time as slightly farcical.

BTW fish, I think he deserves his own spot. : )

More so than any other suspect if you ask me... Thanks for the vote of confidence, Abby - you are a truly rare creature in being able to endorse Hutchonson AND Lechmere at the same time. Come to thinkl of it, in that way you deserve a spot of your own too!

Comment

If you ask me, which I know no one would but anyway, I think this is a well deserved and hard earned sub-board.
        I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

I would agree - if anyone could name a serial killer who stopped killing and lived on to a ripe old age as a family man.

C4

Comment

Well done, Fish! You've worked your socks off for this.

Mind you, I can't understand the bitter rivalry between Lechmere and Hutchinson theorists. To Abby, both suspects appear viable and promising; to me, the arguments made in both cases seem equally implausible, while often sounding extremely similar.

Love,

Caz
            X
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
              I would agree - if anyone could name a serial killer who stopped killing and lived on to a ripe old age as a family man.

C4
              Dennis Rader
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                Well done, Fish! You've worked your socks off for this.

Mind you, I can't understand the bitter rivalry between Lechmere and Hutchinson theorists. To Abby, both suspects appear viable and promising; to me, the arguments made in both cases seem equally implausible, while often sounding extremely similar.

Love,

Caz
                X
                There are likenesses, no doubt - I normally refer to Hutchinson as Lechmere light. But that´s extremely light.

And sometimes only dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
                  If you ask me, which I know no one would but anyway, I think this is a well deserved and hard earned sub-board.
                  I´ll merrily ask you! And thanks!!

Comment

C4
                    Ugh! Who says he stopped killing? All we know is that he stayed a free man and either pursued a (seemingly) commendable and honest lifestyle - or used it as a facade. Many serialists have done this exact thing.
                    Last edited by Fisherman; 09-29-2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                      Dennis Rader
                      Beaten to it. Of course, Rader was gearing up to start a new killing cycle. He'd begun stalking new targets and taunting police again. So I'm not sure we can say he actually stopped, he just had a surprisingly long inactive period before his old trophies no longer satisfied him. Could also argue that he set up his own arrest to avoid killing again, the mistakes that led to his being identified were pretty glaring.
                      I just mean that it really isn't that simple in Rader's case.
                      I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                        Ugh! Who says he stopped killing? All we know is that he stayed a free man and either pursued a (seemingly) commendable and honest lifestyle - or used it as a facade. Many serialists have done this exact thing.
                        Hello Fisherman

Name one. I've seen examples of serial killers who stopped for some years but not altogether. You can say his "tastes" changed and he was satisfied with just the killings so carried on undetected, but the actual killing wasn't what turned him on, it was the mutilations.

Sorry, can't be with you on this one.

All good wishes
                        C4

Comment

Hello Fisherman

Name one. I've seen examples of serial killers who stopped for some years but not altogether. You can say his "tastes" changed and he was satisfied with just the killings so carried on undetected, but the actual killing wasn't what turned him on, it was the mutilations.

Sorry, can't be with you on this one.

All good wishes
                          C4
                          Name one what? Another person that Lechmere may have killed? Or a serialist who stopped?

If the former, I have no proof that he did kill after the autumn of terror - but there are a number of murders and deaths that happened along paths where Lechmere had a close proximity.

If the latter, I would like to point you to how the behvaoral unit of the FBI have stated that the serial-killers-will-never-stop is a myth.

My personal belief is that very many serialists are driven by a sexual desire. And the sexual drive tapers off as we grow older. It therefore applies that in many cases where serial killers have stayed uncaught, they may well have stopped killing on account of a lessened sexual drive.

The FBI also point to how serialists have been shown to stop killing when finding other channels for their drives.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
                            Beaten to it. Of course, Rader was gearing up to start a new killing cycle. He'd begun stalking new targets and taunting police again. So I'm not sure we can say he actually stopped, he just had a surprisingly long inactive period before his old trophies no longer satisfied him. Could also argue that he set up his own arrest to avoid killing again, the mistakes that led to his being identified were pretty glaring.
                            I just mean that it really isn't that simple in Rader's case.
                            To be a killer, you have to kill. And Rader stopped killing and never took it up again. We know that much. The FBI interviewed him and found out that he claimed to have found other outlets for his sexuality.

Comment

What!? Crossmere has his own section? The barbarians are at the gates of Rome.

Seriously though, congratulations, Fish.

Comment

Working...
                              X