American Televangelists: God Says We Need Another Private Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Televangelists: God Says We Need Another Private Jet

There’s an insane phenomenon called “prosperity gospel” where preachers tell their audiences to send them tons of money so they can live lives of luxury/priv...

c.d.

Be sure to watch the whole clip as they give their reasons for their "need."

c.d.

Comment

Well how else can they do the good lords work
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

They mention Oral Roberts in this clip. The Amazing Randi interviewed a man who when he was a boy was employed by Roberts. He would go with him and his people from town to town when they had healing services. He told Randi that his job was to make his way to the stage on crutches and tell Roberts that he could not walk. Roberts would then "heal" him. After the service he would jump in a van and be taken to the next town and do his act all over again.

c.d.

Comment

What does God need with a private jet?

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
            They mention Oral Roberts in this clip. The Amazing Randi interviewed a man who when he was a boy was employed by Roberts. He would go with him and his people from town to town when they had healing services. He told Randi that his job was to make his way to the stage on crutches and tell Roberts that he could not walk. Roberts would then "heal" him. After the service he would jump in a van and be taken to the next town and do his act all over again.

c.d.
            To advocate for the Devil, if we accept that some sort of a placebo effect can heal people who believe strongly enough, then using a shill to prime the pump, as it were, isn't a dishonorable strategem.

Now whether it really was motivated by honest intentions is, of course, another matter.
            - Ginger

Comment

"Revereded" David Taylor, there is hours of this stuff....Just watching someone bareface lie, not quite getting the fact that no one believes him!

My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                Silly man, it is not for God's use - God hardly needs private jets. It is for people who have not died (or are never going to be in a state of grace) to use in a crisis to visit God!

Jeff

Comment

I'll get on to my friend Daedalus to see if he can make a plane for them.

Comment

Nearer my God to thee.

Comment

~ “Blessed are the cheese makers.” ~
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I'll ask my friend Sisyphus to organize a cheese rolling competition for them. That'll keep them occupied for a while.

Comment

I'm glad they're getting something because they've had a hell of a time.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                            Bring the plane closer...

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
                              I'm glad they're getting something because they've had a hell of a time.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
                              X