What can you see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
    Sorry, Kensei, I didn't mean to sound derogatory. I just thought Mike was saying that people were seeing spiritual phenomena. That's what I was responding to. I see all kinds of shapes in the photo, too. Almost inevitable, as you pointed out.

Best,

Cel
    Let me qualify myself one more time- I do believe in the paranormal and it is something I've studied all my life, but it's something I think should be evaluated on a case by case basis. There are ghost photos that are amazing. I just think that the one that began this thread is only playing tricks with the eye.

Comment

I don't really put much store on ghost photos, as they could be anything, and the brain does try and find recognisable patterns.

Plus they freak me out

I saw video footage of the South Shields Poltergeist last weekend. Again, rather freaky. There was a bottle balancing at an angle of about 45 degrees, with no visible means of support, and it did not appear to have the bobbles on the bottom of the bottle pushed in. Also footage of scratches appearing on a victim's back, with blood starting to well in them.

There's some footage of it on YouTube, but it's not the full version. Apparently, there is some much better stuff, but as they have a deal with a TV company who came in to film it for a documentary, they can't show the good stuff.

Looked at in isolation, the footage isn't really that spectacular. Yes, it's rather weird, but you can think of ways it could have been faked. Put it in context with the witness statements, and talk to one of the investigators, and you dismiss any notion of fakery. The photos don't really prove or disprove anything, basically, because you can always fake them.
      Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

Why is it that spooks do daffy things like rearrange furniture, appear in photos or make tapping noises? You'd think there'd be more interesting things to do in the afterlife. It strikes me that if they really wanted to freak people out, why don't they cook the dinner or valet the car whilst your back's turned?
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          Why is it that spooks do daffy things like rearrange furniture, appear in photos or make tapping noises? You'd think there'd be more interesting things to do in the afterlife. It strikes me that if they really wanted to freak people out, why don't they cook the dinner or valet the car whilst your back's turned?
          Heheh, it's true, I'd always wondered that. Like, 'Hey, I've got the chance to do anything I want here. I know! I'll shift the furniture two feet to the left while everyone's having a kip.'

Just to clarify, too: my interpretations of the shading and shadows weren't intended to imply anything paranormal. What's fascinating to me is how suggestive old buildings and the like are to our imaginations...but I do believe that history can be carried by streets and buildings and have an enormous impact on those who live or pass through them. Which makes it all the sadder when it's all destroyed by the demolition teams (Mind you, good grief, some of them you'd rather didn't suggest anything at all to you!)
          best,

claire

Comment

Gawd Gareth wish someone would do mine¬¬¬¬ That's seriously spooky stuff -that nobody has seen since the Knight's Templar excavated it- in 11 something!!!!!!!!!!
            Hey they could do something useful like hoover or roll your ciggies for you..........now there's a useful poltergeist!

xx
            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
              Let me qualify myself one more time- I do believe in the paranormal and it is something I've studied all my life, but it's something I think should be evaluated on a case by case basis. There are ghost photos that are amazing. I just think that the one that began this thread is only playing tricks with the eye.
              I agree. Have you seen this? It's a bit long but worth a look-see. There's debate about it, of course. I did a little search on it, but didn't turn up a specific person it could have been. There's a famous murder, Pearl Bryan, but this isn't associated with her old home. The video-makers claim she is Irene O'Haire, but I haven't turned up anything on her, as yet. I hope this works. Sometimes these youtube things don't.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Sam!

My missus rearranges furniture, appears in photos and makes all manner of noises - does that make her a spook? I don't think so.... Yet she never cooks dinner, valets the car, cleans the house, pours my beer, has my slippers ready, soothes my troubled brow, lights my cigars. But by God she's weird....

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

...better watch out for that one, Graham. Can't be too careful
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Morning all and thanks for the replies, I never get to the computer on a saturday as the kids are away and I usually spend time doing DIY (Sigh!)

When I first looked at the picture I couldn't see anything paranormal, I could see the light above my head, and the red dot from my non-contact thermometer, but nothing else.

Then as more people claimed to see things, and highlight them, I too saw them, but only after they were seen by others.

The building was home to the De Gifford family and was built to plans by Sir Hugo de Gifford aka the Wizard of Yester. He had used the castle to help keep certain members of the Scottish Royal Family safe, and even Robert the Bruce was a regular here.

In the run up to the investigation we were all told about the nasty goings on, but in hindsight it was one of the calmest locations we have ever visited and plans are in the works for a return visit next year!
                    Regards Mike

Comment

i see what looks like 2 red lights ,they seem to move at first but my eyesight is very poor ,i see nothing to looks like its a ghost photo of any kind.

Comment

Working...
                      X