Panoramic Of Miller's Court..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard,
    i think you will find that Pierre does not understand feet and inches.
    using his own measurements its not 151cm its 151.2cm

that is just a fraction over than 4ft 11and a half inches. so its just less than half inch short of 5 foot.
    how can anyone argue about that small amount, given that it is not certain that the opening is to scale and not just indicative of an opening.

keep up the good work

Steve

Comment

Do you mean how do I get my measurements Pierre? If so, I don't use anything other than the maps, photos, info gleaned from these forums and other media and my eye!

the Goad map is not as accurate as we would like it to be. Google maps overlaid with goad plans helps to work out discrepancies but in reality it's just semi-educated guess work.

That gap which I said was 5 ft (and is) is easy to decipher give that the room is approx 15ft deep and the 'gap' on Goad's is about a third the width. I don't work in points of anything (.63, 1.2 ft etc) as it's just not possible to be that accurate with the materials we have to work with. The Goad plan give as scale and my measurements tend to be "2 ft and a bit!"

Caveat: Don't rely on my models in a court of law

Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Richardh,

what data program do you use for this?

Regards Pierre
      JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
      JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
      ---------------------------------------------------
      JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
        Do you mean how do I get my measurements Pierre? If so, I don't use anything other than the maps, photos, info gleaned from these forums and other media and my eye!

the Goad map is not as accurate as we would like it to be. Google maps overlaid with goad plans helps to work out discrepancies but in reality it's just semi-educated guess work.

That gap which I said was 5 ft (and is) is easy to decipher give that the room is approx 15ft deep and the 'gap' on Goad's is about a third the width. I don't work in points of anything (.63, 1.2 ft etc) as it's just not possible to be that accurate with the materials we have to work with. The Goad plan give as scale and my measurements tend to be "2 ft and a bit!"

Caveat: Don't rely on my models in a court of law
        No, I thought that since you don´t use the measures on the map for Kelly´s room, I could have a go at it myself if I learn the program you are using. What data program is it?

Regards Pierre

Comment

Richard
          seems because you won't follow Pierre’s view he wants to produce his own plans.

well most here think you are doing great.

Steve

Comment

I do use the measures on the map. You'll notice that the figure you gave as 4'11" is in fact very similar to my educated guess of 5ft (I was 0.5" out according to Steve which is pretty good going IMO).

The program I use is Blender 3D which is free software and VERY good.

There is a bit of a learning curve and many people get put off by the interface when they start to use it BUT once you get to know your way around it is every bit as good as the professional packages like 3Dmax, zbrush and autodesk.

EDIT: Pierre If you provide a written plan/ drawing (like Stephen Thomas ) with measurements etc. I will create the model based on your specs.

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
            No, I thought that since you don´t use the measures on the map for Kelly´s room, I could have a go at it myself if I learn the program you are using. What data program is it?

Regards Pierre
            Last edited by richardh; 12-29-2015, 06:53 AM.
            JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
            JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
            JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

I do use the measures on the map. You'll notice that the figure you gave as 4'11" is in fact very similar to my educated guess of 5ft (I was 0.5" out according to Steve which is pretty good going IMO).

The program I use is Blender 3D which is free software and VERY good.

There is a bit of a learning curve and many people get put off by the interface when they start to use it BUT once you get to know your way around it is every bit as good as the professional packages like 3Dmax, zbrush and autodesk.

EDIT: Pierre If you provide a written plan/ drawing (like Stephen Thomas ) with measurements etc. I will create the model based on your specs.
              How nice! I will try it as soon as I have some time to learn it.

Thanks Richardh.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Great! Will do! Thanks a lot!

Regards Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                  I've said nothing so far on this thread, but I do want to thank you, richardh, for the incredible amount of thought and work that you've put into this. Diagrams and projections like this can be so remarkably useful in helping one to visualize the scene of the crime, and to understand what spatial and perceptual constraints operated upon both the victim and the murderer. Your efforts are appreciated!
                  I'd like to second this sentiment. Richard, you have the patience of Job...some of the discussions on your recreations have left me completely baffled. You've done a brilliant job!

Comment

Amen

Originally posted by MsWeatherwax View Post
                    I'd like to second this sentiment. Richard, you have the patience of Job...some of the discussions on your recreations have left me completely baffled. You've done a brilliant job!
                    And I'll amen & sanctify that from the both of you
                    I meant Ginger too!!!
                    Last edited by Rosemary; 12-29-2015, 01:53 PM. Reason: Newbie: Don't know how to double quote
                    From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                    "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                      Richard
                      seems because you won't follow Pierre’s view he wants to produce his own plans.

well most here think you are doing great.

Steve
                      He always does.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Please don't let Pierre sidetrack the great work.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                          Actually Richard, I believe that the shed had an archway in the middle as support. That's what that opening is. When it was partitioned, that archway was blocked up using an old door and wood and (probably) plaster.

Mike
                          Yep, except I doubt they used plaster.
                          G U T

Comment

Working...
                          X