No announcement yet.

Would the Ripper have killed himself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have noticed that in some cases in the U.S. of mass killings (Columbine) or even serial killers (Andrew Cullinain) the killer or killers have offed themselves to prevent having to go through a trial and be the subject of public attention and (possibly) personal humiliation. But this has frequently been accompanied (in this age of video and You Tube) with personal statements made to voice their own reasons for their actions, when they know they won't be around later.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
      It is possible that an alternative motivation could have led to suicide. If the killer finds his physical being has been weakened and is collapsing (and can't be stopped from further collapse) he might end up realizing that death is preferable to being helpless.

Jeff
      Another big one is sleep. People who can't sleep, and I mean really can't at all for more than three days start to get not only cognitively altered, but suicidal. I don't recommend ever getting to that point, but the cognitive deficits and physical symptoms of sleeplessness make you pray for death.
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Working...
      X