No announcement yet.

Druitts hand writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the process of reading david Andersen's book "blood harvest" it seems very good so far I will keep you all posted.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by David Andersen View Post
      Hi Gut
      I have no first hand knowledege of Druitts handwriting having been examined by a forensic document examiner. As far as I recall, from 40 odd years ago, it was Morlands intention to have the handwriting examined but since only copies of Druitts handwriting was available any such examination would be tentative.
      I do not subscribe to the view that Druitt wrote any of the letters.
      I'm currently reading your book blood harvest and I have to say it's a cracking read .like you I do not think that our killer wrote any of the communications but supposing that he did than a chance to have handwriting compared must be ceased surely.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Yes. I can. In 1970 I obtained a copy of Druitts application to join the Inner Temple. I sent the copy to Nigel Moreland, who was the founder and editor of 'The Criminologist'. Moreland claimed, to me, that the document had been examined by a colleague of his and that the handwriting compared favourably with the Dear Boss letter. I do not subscribe to the belief that the letters were written by either the killer or by Druitt.
        David Andersen
        Author of 'BLOOD HARVEST'
        (My Hunt for Jack The Ripper)

Comment

So MacNaghten was 5 or 6 days adrift from the truth.
          David Andersen

Comment

Originally posted by David Andersen View Post
            So MacNaghten was 5 or 6 days adrift from the truth.
            Explain please????????

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
              Well, Jonathon, Macnaughton's memory certainly failed him in 'Days of my Years' when he recalled that his suspect (Druitt) 'committed suicide on or about the 10th of November.'
              The writer claims that MacNaghten (correct spelling of his name) failed because the date of Druitts death was wrong.
              David Andersen

Comment

Working...
              X