Indict Rupert Murdoch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
    Are you seriously titilated by the contents of a missing girl's mobile phone?

Do you realise that because a hacker delated some of the messages on her phone to make room for more messages he could hack into - Milly's family thought she was alive?

How could anyone fail to be outraged?
    Do we have a swear filter on here? I can hardly reply to such a silly question as that without effing and blinding.

Ive said at least twice that the NOTW action's were abhorrent. And that hopefully anyone guilty of (edit: of ordering) or hacking her mobile phone will be imprisoned.

Who are you outraged at though? Mulcaire or Murdoch? Youve barely mentioned Mulcaire.
    Last edited by jason_c; 07-08-2011, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick View Post
      Do you actually believe that Mulcaire was acting on some self initiative motive when hacking peoples phones?

His actions were sanctioned by individuals at editor level as it up to editors along with lawyers to assess what can be published. Obviously this step was bypassed by the NOTW and NI.

Even more invidious is the finiancial relationship between NI and the police. Coulson admitted that over £100k was paid to the old bill for information.

Now let us be very clear here......

Was that money paid out of Coulson's own pocket? No of course not. It was paid out of company funds unless, like Watergate, Murdoch had a slush fund of cash to pay the plod.

As Julie and others have said Murdoch's form is whenever the **** hits the fan, sack the workers and try to save his own skin. If Murdoch still harbours the faintest ambition to own BSkyB outright then NI's complete culpability in the hacking of Milly Dowler's phone will put paid to it.

Ofcom's rules governing the "fit and proper ownership" of media outlets will bar this scumbags route to his treasured prize. It will not come down to public outrage now....NI have shown, themselves, that they are neither fit nor proper.

As I said when I started this thread, Murdoch and his board should be charged with perverting the course of justice. If anyone thinks that the investigation into a child's disappearance is something that one can play games with then they are sick and inhuman. Lets not mince words here.....Murdoch knew what was going on from the very start. He is no shrinking violet in dirty tricks. He couldn't give a Donald Duck who gets in his way and sadly our elected reps cowl to this turd.

This does not include the advantage that Cameron may have gained from all of this through having Coulson as his DOC. Who knows what kind of information Coulson may have been able to pass onto to our great un-elected leader. No wonder Cameron and his little junta are shitting themselves over what to do now.

Derrick
      And now it all comes out in the wash. Without any real proof you are using this to try and rid Murdoch of his media outlets in the UK. Its not about Milly Dowler at all. She is a means to an end for you Derrick.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
        Journalistic ethics? Excuse me?

Is anyone really shocked about any of this? An awful lot of heads would be set to roll if the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth were to emerge concerning who has ever hacked and who has ever turned the old blind eye to a spot of hacking or made money out of those hell bent on doing it to sell papers to willing readers. Why is it 'bad' all of a sudden, now the tip of this unsavoury iceberg can no longer be ignored by every one of us? Stick Maddy and Milly and Holly and Jessica on top and the outrage that didn't even exist previously comes to the surface and boils over.

When will newspaper readers wake up and realise they have been paying all these years to be outraged?

Love,

Caz
        X

The truth is that this stink reaches Downing Street and Scotland Yard where the Prime Minister's personal head of communications,Andy Coulson was leading the assault!The Prime Minister was warned about Coulson. Rebekah Brooks,friend of the Camerons, over saw all this despicable stuff as the Editor of the News of the World She must have seen the lists that were found with the names and numbers of the phones hacked into of families of victims of 7/7 ,of dead service men and women,Millie Dowlers phone was actually hacked into and messages were deleted making her family think she was still alive.Brooks---as former editor and now Chief Executive of News International as well; as Coulson must have known about this and about the payment of £100,000 to the handful of corrupt policemen----the complicity with members of government and a handful of police is extensive.And the acts are filthy and rotten.
        I don't buy the News of the World.Or the Sun.And yes,the rot started with Tony Blair who courted Murdoch in the first place.
        Last edited by Natalie Severn; 07-08-2011, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
          Do we have a swear filter on here? I can hardly reply to such a silly question as that without effing and blinding.

Ive said at least twice that the NOTW action's were abhorrent. And that hopefully anyone guilty of (edit: of ordering) or hacking her mobile phone will be imprisoned.

Who are you outraged at though? Mulcaire or Murdoch? Youve barely mentioned Mulcaire.
          I have mentioned Mulcaire - in the very same sentence in which I condemned Murdoch - they are both filth but at least Mulcaire has served a prison sentence - at least he has been punished.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
            The truth is that this stink reaches Downing Street and Scotland Yard where the Prime Minister's personal head of communications,Andy Coulson was leading the assault!The Prime Minister was warned about Coulson. Rebekah Brooks,friend of the Camerons, over saw all this despicable stuff as the Editor of the News of the World She must have seen the lists that were found with the names and numbers of the phones hacked into of families of victims of 7/7 ,of dead service men and women,Millie Dowlers phone was actually hacked into and messages were deleted making her family think she was still alive.Brooks---as former editor and now Chief Executive of News International as well; as Coulson must have known about this and about the payment of £100,000 to the handful of corrupt policemen----the complicity with members of government and a handful of police is extensive.And the acts are filthy and rotten.
            I don't buy the News of the World.Or the Sun.And yes,the rot started with Tony Blair who courted Murdoch in the first place.
            Absolutely Norma - Blair should hang his head in shame too. The whole lot of them are rotten to the core.

Comment

If you disapprove of the newspapers, stop buying them. If you disapprove of the politicians, stop voting for them. I don't vote for newspapers or buy politicians....I mean, I don't buy newspapers or vote for politicians....or maybe I meant...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                If you disapprove of the newspapers, stop buying them. If you disapprove of the politicians, stop voting for them. I don't vote for newspapers or buy politicians....I mean, I don't buy newspapers or vote for politicians....or maybe I meant...
                Sorry Robert but that's not good enough. In this particular case - what do we do about the corrupt police officers? And I don't buy the NOTW but does that mean I have to sit back and put up with their atrocious behaviour- Aren't we entitled to some decent standards from these people?

Hacking is illegal and immoral.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                  Sorry Robert but that's not good enough. In this particular case - what do we do about the corrupt police officers? And I don't buy the NOTW but does that mean I have to sit back and put up with their atrocious behaviour- Aren't we entitled to some decent standards from these people?

Hacking is illegal and immoral.
                  The Guardian reporting on Thursday that Andy Coulson was to be arrested on Friday must have come from somewhere. My bet would be from one of these corrupt officers. The quality press rely largely on the same underhand methods as the gutter press. Stopping one would likely stop the other.
                  Last edited by jason_c; 07-09-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                    The Guardian reporting on Thursday that Andy Coulson was to be arrested on Friday must have come from somewhere. My bet would be from one of these corrupt officers. The quality press rely largely on the same underhand methods as the gutter press. Stopping one would likely stop the other.
                    I am not sure there is such a thing as the quality press these days Jason.

Comment

I don't buy the NOTW but does that mean I have to sit back and put up with their atrocious behaviour- Aren't we entitled to some decent standards from these people?

The standards of NOTW don't seem to have offended tits millions of readers. It was the largest selling English language newspaper in the world.

Do we elitists who don't like the Sun or the Murdoch approach have a right to dictate to the masses? I firmly believe that ANY politicician, of whatever party, who had tried to deal with these things before now, would have been literally crucified, first by the nmedia then by the public.

As for those who condemn Cameron for employing Coulson, I assume you believe in the theory of guilty until proved innocent do you?

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                        I don't buy the NOTW but does that mean I have to sit back and put up with their atrocious behaviour- Aren't we entitled to some decent standards from these people?

The standards of NOTW don't seem to have offended tits millions of readers. It was the largest selling English language newspaper in the world.

Do we elitists who don't like the Sun or the Murdoch approach have a right to dictate to the masses? I firmly believe that ANY politicician, of whatever party, who had tried to deal with these things before now, would have been literally crucified, first by the nmedia then by the public.

As for those who condemn Cameron for employing Coulson, I assume you believe in the theory of guilty until proved innocent do you?

Phil
                        I think that was an appropriate slip of the fingers Phil - 'tits of millions?'!!

The standard I am talking about is not the reading material or the quality of the NOTW but the standards of decency and legality that state you do not hack into the phones of murder victims and their families. I am sure the majority of NOTW readers do not support the actions of these people and had they been aware of their actions they would have stopped buying the paper.

I don't care to dictate to the masses. They can read whatever they like as long as the news is legally obtained.

Comment

As something of an aside, one cannot assume that because money changed hands that the editor or the owner had any knowledge of the reason why. Most newspapers have an account set aside for compensation of sources. In most cases, all a reporter has to do is get permission to draw money from that account. Since sources have a tendency to be anonymous, the reporter typically gets permission solely based on what story he is working on. They are not asked who the source is, or where the information is coming from in an effort to preserve journalistic ethics concerning protecting a source.

Which isn't to say that the editor (whose name escapes me for the moment) and Murdoch DIDN'T know, just that company money being used for a bribe is not a smoking gun.
                          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Hacking is illegal and must be punished. Likewise if there are corrupt police officers, they must be rooted out. But I'm not so silly as to think that there is a political party more likely to clean up hacking and corruption than any of the other political parties are.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                              Hacking is illegal and must be punished. Likewise if there are corrupt police officers, they must be rooted out. But I'm not so silly as to think that there is a political party more likely to clean up hacking and corruption than any of the other political parties are.
                              Neither am I Robert. We need tougher laws and tougher punishments. Politicians - of most parties - have always courted the press. It's almost impossible to get elected without cultivating a relationship with the popular press.

Comment

Limehouse, it's nice to hear a liberal calling for tougher punishments!

Comment

Working...
                                X