The Real Mary Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Mary Kelly

I'm a new poster to the forums although I have been a Casebook reader for several years. I'm interested to read the forthcoming book by Wynne Weston-Davies and I am trying to recollect if any other theories have been put into print by descendants (real or alleged) of anyone involved in the case. Did Fiona Kendall-Lane ever have her story published?

Out of the frying pan into the fryer.

Comment

Well.....

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
      Out of the frying pan into the fryer.
      Can't wait to read Prosector's theories. Jeez, we could be looking for Bridget Jones....Molly Sullivan....Mary Butler...Census work gives me a migraine.
      From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
      "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

And all these enthusiastic newbies he seems to have attracted! Great stuff.

Comment

Hmmmm

Originally posted by Silverpaw View Post
          I'm a new poster to the forums although I have been a Casebook reader for several years. I'm interested to read the forthcoming book by Wynne Weston-Davies and I am trying to recollect if any other theories have been put into print by descendants (real or alleged) of anyone involved in the case. Did Fiona Kendall-Lane ever have her story published?
          Prosector...might this be you? Is this the connection to MJK?? Kin??
          Can't wait for the reveal. Berkeley Mather???
          From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
          "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
            Prosector...might this be you? Is this the connection to MJK?? Kin??
            Can't wait for the reveal. Berkeley Mather???
            I have come to agree with Phil Carter-money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
              Berkeley Mather???
              Prosector's father wrote the early James Bond movies and much more.

Hemingway and Fleming were fans.

Like my uncles,he fought in Syria.
              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Elizabeth Davies RIP

Comment

The only 'relative' books I can think of are:

The Fifth Victim by Antonia Alexander

The Last Victim by Ann Graham

Welcome, Silverpaw, to Mary Kelly's fire. May the flame burn the brighter and hotter for her....

P.S. It wouldn't be the first time that an unsolved crime was solved by a relative of the victim.

Comment

Depending what story you believe the Maybrick Diary may fit the bill.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

If it existed

"The East End Murderer -- I knew him."

Lionel Druitt wasn't a descendant but a cousin.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Thanks MayBea and GUT for your suggestions. Going back to FKL - did she ever write that book or talk any more about her family? I can't find any evidence that she did. I'd be interested to know if her ID of Kelly is the same as WWD's!

Comment

looks like Debra is already all over it.
                          (and skeptical?)

I have to admit I lost a little bit of interest when prosector mentioned Sickert a while back.

Debs
                          have you already identified who prosector is claiming is mary Kelly?
                          and not very viable apparently?

Comment

The claim is that Prosector's great-aunt Elizabeth Weston Davies was Mary Kelly. I don't know if there is any hard evidence for this, it appears to be solely based on a family story from what I can ascertain. It will be interesting to have a look at the sources for this and the other claims made in the book when it is fully available.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                              looks like Debra is already all over it.
                              (and skeptical?)

I have to admit I lost a little bit of interest when prosector mentioned Sickert a while back.

Debs
                              have you already identified who prosector is claiming is mary Kelly?
                              and not very viable apparently?
                              Hi Abby
                              I was quite skeptical at first (still am too to some degree, like you because of the Sickert mention ) but I confess I was a bit cranky last night too because of another poster and I let that get to me when I was posting.
                              However, after things I've read today and looked at I feel that there might be something going for this latest ID. Some of the details of the ID are already in the public domain and it isn't difficult to track the woman once you know these. It's extremely interesting so far and the research seems excellent.
                              I am hoping it is a genuine case of someone proposing a missing relative as MJK

There's one particular record that had me gobsmacked.

Comment

Working...
                              X