thread termination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thread termination

Is it possible to terminate one or more of your own threads?. A lot of mine are rubbish, and they are just cluttering up the site.
    SCORPIO

It's possible to lock one's own thread.
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

Here's my layman's guesses to both posts.

Scorpio.
      If by terminate you mean to remove from the forum maybe an admin could do it IF nobody else has added to the thread. With that you might ask "how about if I ask for permission from anybody/everybody who did add to the thread". I really don't know. I'm just going on the principle that it's only software so anything should be possible in theory. However in practice you (read admin) could be opening a big can of worms, and once admin do it for one person... Need I say more.

MariaB
      Again maybe an admin could do it for you. It's not possible for you to do. Also, again, it will probably depend on if anybody has added to the thread.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I doubt I've said anything that both of you didn't know already.
      These are not clues, Fred.
      It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
      They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
      And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
      We will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpio View Post
        Is it possible to terminate one or more of your own threads?. A lot of mine are rubbish, and they are just cluttering up the site.
        no

Comment

Working...
        X