Why NOT??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
    You never know, you might have enjoyed it.
    Ha! Maybe I would!
    In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Heady Scent

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Dear Headmaster,
      I agree. We may never know who, exactly, murdered whom between 1888 and 1891, but that does not necessarily imply that we will not discover why some of these murders were laid at the door of the wholly fictional "Jack the Ripper".
      In the final analysis "why" is going to prove far more important and interesting than "who".
      Regards,
      Simon
      The heady scent of a conspiracy is in the air...
      SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Believe

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
        I've always believed Tabrum was a ripper victim, an early one before he perfected his technique.
        ...Miss Marple
        It pays not to believe anything without some sort of proof - here there is none, only speculation.
        SPE

Comment

The difficult thing about the wounds is as you say Simon that 39 stabb wounds would almost certainly inlcude ones in the genital region if the body was the focus. That does not exlude the area being targetted though. I have often thought that the interaction with the inside of his victims was something which the Ripper came to discover he enjoyed whilst in the action of the crime. This is evident to me in the fact that the level of mutilation gets worse each time.

Comment

Tuesday Morning

She was murdered on a monday night after a bank holiday
            ...Miss Marple
            She was murdered at approximately 2.30 a.m. on a Tuesday morning.
            SPE

Comment

Common

The body was 'displayed' with the legs apart and skirt raised to the waist. Ripper victims are the only women who were displayed like this.
              ...Miss Marple
              Legs apart with skirt raised is a common position for intercourse.
              SPE

Comment

hi Kat

I've always wondered about Tabram too. It seems very odd that nobody heard a thing in George Yard doesn't it. I do thing criminals evolve the way they commit their crimes, and it is very possible Tabram was an early experiment for an embryonic Ripper.

Comment

Stewart,
                  Most of this website is speculation, thats all we have. A few facts and a lot of speculation, thats the fun of it. Towering narratives of involvement have been built on suspects simply on spectulation.
                  Legs apart may be a sign of intercourse but in this case there was no sign of intercourse,it is also a way of humiliating the woman by displaying her sexual parts. Other prostitutes murdered outside whitechapel were not displayed in this way.
                  Miss Marple
                  Last edited by miss marple; 10-29-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Hi Stewart,

What makes you so certain that the heady scent of conspiracy was not in the air?

Regards,

Simon
                    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Hi All

I think I'm more inclined to the view that Tabram was a Ripper victim, rather than not. It seems rather too much of a coincidence to me that she was killed so close to some of the other C5 victims. I don't see the lack of throat cutting as an issue, personally - I think that's a means to an end, which appears to be the mutilation.

I've always thought that for JTR, the killing was almost incidental; a necessary hurdle to get him to where he wanted to be - and that's why he goes on to get it out of the way as quickly as possible. Throat cutting, as he did it, is an efficient way of dispatching a person.

Yes, and now I'm starting to sound a bit weird....

Comment

It pays not to believe anything without some sort of proof - here there is none, only speculation.
                        Indeed Stewart it does. And yes there is only speculation, but that is what makes this so salivatingly (if that is a word, probably not but I like it) fun to talk about it. If we all only discussed what was fact this site would sieze up in a few days!

Comment

Acoustics

...The murder was committed silently, no one in George's yard heard a thing' Jack was not a hobnail boot wearer, he could creep about in soft shoes, silence is present in all his murders
                          If Liz Stide was a victim, he did not finish his work so no display.
                          ...Miss Marple
                          We do not know what the acoustics of George Yard Buildings were like. It is amazing what people can sleep through. And I'm sure that with all the comings and goings on those stairs over a night people got used to the sound of footfalls on the stairs. After all the cab driver Alfred Crow went up the stairs at 3.30 that morning, passing the body, but no other witness is known to have mentioned hearing him.
                          SPE

Comment

Quite

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
                            Indeed Stewart it does. And yes there is only speculation, but that is what makes this so salivatingly (if that is a word, probably not but I like it) fun to talk about it. If we all only discussed what was fact this site would sieze up in a few days!
                            Quite..................but doesn't it get rather repetitive?
                            Last edited by Stewart P Evans; 10-29-2010, 08:18 PM.
                            SPE

Comment

And we wouldn't want that would we!

Comment

The heady scent of a conspiracy is in the air...
                                And when Simon finally tells us who was responsible, how they did it and why, the rest of us are going to look mighty foolish indeed.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X