No announcement yet.

Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church groups cross the border all the time to help out in local emergencies, or for clean-up after a hurricane, tornado, flooding, etc. I worked with a guy who was a member of a church group who flew to Haiti regularly, and especially after the earthquake.
    They help each other, thats the point.

So what about volunteer work within the US?, If one community has tornado damage does this mean no volunteers can come to help them clean-up?
    Are these volunteers taking away American jobs, so communities have to pay for help now?

Is this the kind of America that the "Fool on the Hill" intends to create, everyone must pay if they want any help?
    Is volunteer work to be outlawed now?
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Hello, Jon.

I don't know what Trump wants, concerning volunteerism, but it is encouraging that after the "Meals on Wheels" program funding was mentioned as on the chopping block, American responded with donations of time and money in large amounts.

Meals on Wheels received 50 times the typical amount of daily donations on Thursday after the White House proposed cuts to some of the program’s sources of funding, a spokesperson for the group said.

How can the Administration say feeding home-bound elders "doesn't produce results"? Really? Keeping old people alive is bad? Good grief!
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
        Hello, Jon.

I don't know what Trump wants, concerning volunteerism, but it is encouraging that after the "Meals on Wheels" program funding was mentioned as on the chopping block, American responded with donations of time and money in large amounts.

Meals on Wheels received 50 times the typical amount of daily donations on Thursday after the White House proposed cuts to some of the program’s sources of funding, a spokesperson for the group said.

How can the Administration say feeding home-bound elders "doesn't produce results"? Really? Keeping old people alive is bad? Good grief!
        Remember the movie, Soylent Green?
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• "Soylent Green is old people!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
            "Soylent Green is old people!"
            Ground up and turned into wafers, if I recall correctly.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Withdrew his repeal Obamacare legislation.

Interesting.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                Withdrew his repeal Obamacare legislation.

Interesting.
                Yup. Pulled it because they didn't have the votes. He's still blaming it on the Democrats, but the truth was his own party refused to unite behind it.

This way, he doesn't see it as a defeat, since it wasn't actually put to a vote. So we're staying with the ACA, which is supposed to "implode" eventually. maybe...
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

• Trump talks about Obama care like it's an entity, if it collapses he doesn't care.
                  What he is forgetting is Obama Care represents millions of Americans - you know, those who he is supposed to care about!

If it collapses, millions will be without urgent medical care, many may die.
                  What he is saying is, he doesn't care about them dying, this is all about HIM, and his image - he doesn't give a sh*t about the average American.

He didn't create Obama Care - true, but he inherited it, like every other social system, and it is HIS responsibility to make sure Americans do not suffer because of HIS inability to make a deal within HIS own party.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• To give credit where credit is due, Trump finally said and did something I agree with.
                    That was Obama's main failing in my opinion, he was too patient, to lenient.

When the Assad's of this world do what he did, the most effective response is to hit him hard without warning.
                    None of this increased sanctions, no calling meetings of security councils, no consensus of countries condemning him - just hit him hard.

A hard response is just what this so-called President needed to begin to gain some credit at home.

I did think it somewhat ironic that Trump should cry crocodile tears over the deaths of Syrian children, the same children he banned from entering the US.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                      To give credit where credit is due, Trump finally said and did something I agree with.
                      That was Obama's main failing in my opinion, he was too patient, to lenient.

When the Assad's of this world do what he did, the most effective response is to hit him hard without warning.
                      None of this increased sanctions, no calling meetings of security councils, no consensus of countries condemning him - just hit him hard.

A hard response is just what this so-called President needed to begin to gain some credit at home.

I did think it somewhat ironic that Trump should cry crocodile tears over the deaths of Syrian children, the same children he banned from entering the US.

I don't like the guy but Trump did what the United Nations were designed to do from the start: Settle conflicts. But they turn into an international ass sucking cocktail circuit.

Comment

• Of the many thing Trump has done here, he certainly hasn't settled a conflict.

Comment

• I wouldn't be too concerned about Putin either. The Russian economy is not diversified like most western nations, it is largely supported by oil, and the US could cripple that source of income in a matter of days if not hours.
                          So he can huff and puff all he likes, he will not hit anyone who has the ability to hit back.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• One thing that has just occurred to me is to wonder about the timing-- Trump was hosting the Chinese leader Xi Jianping at his Flordia resort while the attack took place, and only told him about if after they'd finished their steaks. Some sort of object lesson, perhaps?

Worldwide reaction has been mostly supportive, but domestic critics have pointed out a certain hypocrisy in being moved to action by suffering Syrian children, yet banning other Syrian children and their families from coming to our country as refugees.

I have also read that Trump lacks the support staff he'll need in Defense areas due to his slowness in filling empty government posts. "Donald the Unready" (to borrow from English history), perhaps?
                            ---------------
                            ---------------

Comment

"Donald the Unready" (to borrow from English history), perhaps?
                              In the sense that the epithet "unready" came from a word that meant "ill-advised" at the time of Ethelred, you're possibly right on two counts there, sir!
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

One thing that has just occurred to me is to wonder about the timing-- Trump was hosting the Chinese leader Xi Jianping at his Flordia resort while the attack took place, and only told him about if after they'd finished their steaks. Some sort of object lesson, perhaps?
                                It was certainly fortuitous, and it just might nudge China to contain that presumptuous little Korean upstart of theirs...
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X