GSG xmas present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GUT View Post
    Maybe he means Sauce, you know Cranberry for on Turkey, Brandy for on Pud, etc.
    Hang on why does "Pud" fit so well with Pierre.....
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

He might have decided not to give the source he interprets after what happened with gogmagog, he gave his interpretation, and the source, and got destroyed, by just giving his interpretation when he is destroyed he can claim "but mine was a different source".
      Nothing "happened". The Gogmagog-letter was a letter in the newspapers. There is nothing preventing me or any other historian of discussing different interpretations. You can not generalize from such discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        you don't want--it was a lump of coal
        Coal... or..... doggie Doo.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
          Will he be doing the present tomorrow then?
          And I'll probably re gift that one too, if so.
          G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
            But don´t you think it is interesting that the GSG has an explanation?

You should not "believe" me, but you may at least try another thought.

Look at the set of statements I make in the OP and say what you think. You can pretend it is just another ripperologic book or article.

Without believeing it: What do you think about the content? What sort of a history is it?

Regards, Pierre

Pierre
            The content is asking us to believe that a man kills because he thinks killing poor women, and not just killing them but destroying them, will prevent him facing justice of some kind. possible I suppose, in a deluded mind.

It also ask us to accept that the authorities allowed this person to continue on, rather than stopping him, which despite what you say is easy.
            We locked up George III, no problem with putting someone, indeed anyone out of sight and sound.

And then we are meant to accept that after all of this he is allowed to walk away free.

On the face of it it sounds unrealistic.

Therefore to consider it as possible I at least need some details, indeed any scientist or historian would.

I do not consider it anything more than one of many explanations for the GSG, how can i? There is no data!

Steve

Comment

Maybe he means Sauce, you know Cranberry for on Turkey, Brandy for on Pud, etc.
              Ah yes, that makes sense.

Far more sense than in the OP at least.

Comment

At least that would useful.

And it would probably be about as helpful in explaining the CSG.
                LOL! so true
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

To be fair, Pierre did say in the other thread that he needs time "to prepare the post and think it through" and wants to make it "a special event" so that probably explains the delay in getting this xmas present out to us. I imagine he is spending a lot of time 'thinking it through'.

He did also say that the present will be provided on "Thursday or Friday" so there's still 24 hours to go for him to produce "a source which is important to the case" and which "will explain the Goulston Street Graffito".

So perhaps he will post this xmas present for us to enjoy tomorrow.

There is still hope I think. He will surely not let us down. Not at Christmas.

Comment

QUOTE=Elamarna;403997

Pierre
                    The content is asking us to believe that a man kills because he thinks killing poor women, and not just killing them but destroying them, will prevent him facing justice of some kind. possible I suppose, in a deluded mind.

It also ask us to accept that the authorities allowed this person to continue on, rather than stopping him, which despite what you say is easy.
                    We locked up George III, no problem with putting someone, indeed anyone out of sight and sound.
                    He was discovered late in the murder period.

And then we are meant to accept that after all of this he is allowed to walk away free.

On the face of it it sounds unrealistic.
                    What is it that sounds unrealistic to you?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Yes Steve, what is it about Jack the Ripper being allowed to go free by the authorities to commit more murders that sounds unrealistic to you?

Comment

He was discovered late in the murder period.

Pierre even at that stage they could still have stopped him, you claim they sent him away, he could therefore have been stopped true?

Without supporting evidence I just cannot accept such a scenario.

If you have such and produce it that position changes.

What is it that sounds unrealistic to you?
                        That they would allow him to walk away free!

The whole story you give is just that at present; I am not saying it is untrue, but as it stands, with no supporting sources produced it reads like fiction, and I do not mean to be rude at all.

If you are convinced, publish details and you certainly sound it, If not sure again I offer you the opportunity to do this in private in the first instance.

Its up to you, the offer to check details is there.

Steve

Comment

Yes Steve, what is it about Jack the Ripper being allowed to go free by the authorities to commit more murders that sounds unrealistic to you?
                          let me think David........

ah yes, got it..... All of it!

Steve

Comment

Does anyone know what time Pierre will be posting his historical xmas present?

Apparently it's going to be a special event.

Comment

Pierre has now been added to the growing pile of fantasists who need a **** n' bull explanation for the serial murder of at least five women. What's so unpalatable about a knife-wielding psycho who just got his kicks from cutting up women? These people do exist, you know?

Comment

Does anyone know what time Pierre will be posting his historical xmas present?

Apparently it's going to be a special event.
                                David,

I think you need to understand that the present is a container offering all types of fantastic goodies inside.
                                And like so many of offers like that when you open it there is just a note saying that the product is not yet ready and you can aply for it later.

Reminds me of certain IT companies.

Well no present this year, not surprised!

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X