• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sword sticks

They did exist alright.

Best wishes,
    Steve.

Comment

I sell vintage stuff an had a sword stick about 5 years ago, it looks like a walking stick and you undo the top and pull out a sword,attached to the top, not a knife and I could not sell it in auction as they classed it as a dangerous weapon, so I sold it to another dealer.

Miss mARPLE

Comment

Hi Moonbegger.

Now, Now, Mister Wolf , calm down ..
        I'm sensing a little over excitement creeping into the discussion
        Whatever.

but here is the thing .. the only bit i i'm not really too interested in ( and wish to ignore ) is the conjecture and surmising .
        Hmm…obviously this is not supported by what you have posted so far.

Is it not indeed a fact that Kidney said his address was 38/35 Dorset street?
        You should probably re-read what I posted earlier.

Is it also not a fact that Liz was living with him up until a few days before her murder .. is it not a fact that liz went back to 38/35 dorset street when kidney was out to pick up some of her belongings after she left him ? is it not once again fact that coroner Baxter in summing up stated that " for the past two years prior to her death she had been living in a common lodging house in dorset street with water side labourer Michel kidney" ?
        According to Kidney himself, he and Stride were living together on Devonshire Street, as I pointed out, which is something you appear to have decided to ignore. This was supported by two other people who knew Stride, something else you have decided to ignore. Since Kidney, I would suggest, actually knew where he and Stride were living, regardless of obviously errors reported in the press, anyone who is actually “not really too interested in (and wish to ignore) the conjecture and surmising” would have to believe Kidney. But I suppose you know better.

Wolf.

Comment

Ok .. Mr Vanderlinden ,
          i concede you are clearly a great authority on this case, and you have a wide and extensive knowledge pertaining to the Ripper murders .. i also have much respect for your posts and the information you pass on to curious walk In's like myself .. it seems there is so much contradictory evidence as regards to the ( Who, What, Where, When and Why ) misunderstandings are inevitable .. it all becomes a matter of who we are to believe and what statement's makes more sense to us in a particular situation .. at the end of the day who really knows for sure ? I also think that if the Ripper is ever finally unmasked , it may just be due to a dip in the big blue ocean of conjecture. I thank you once again Wolf for your informative and accurate responses to my inquisitive posts ...

cheers
          Moonbegger .

Comment

Hi Stephen, Miss Marple, et al,

Very interesting stuff on sword sticks. I've little doubt that Le Grand owned one, or a few, unfortunately I have no evidence to show this.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Forget to say, the sword is a like a fencing foil, but very sharp, and not so flexible.

Miss Marple

Comment

Didn't Spencer Tracy use one of those in Mr Hyde mode? I think he slit a man's nose....

Comment

Adam Adamant

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  Didn't Spencer Tracy use one of those in Mr Hyde mode? I think he slit a man's nose....
                  The 1960's TV character, Adam Adamant carried a swordstick. I remember treating myself to the plastic replica when, as a child, I lived in Harrow.

On the subject of TV, wasn't it suggested, on another thread, that Pearly Poll may have been less of a lady than she pretended - as in more of a gentleman?

Regards, Bridewell.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                    The 1960's TV character, Adam Adamant carried a swordstick. I remember treating myself to the plastic replica when, as a child, I lived in Harrow.
                    Sounds cool.
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

And once again the dark clouds of confusion and conjecture descend . the spotlight is shining super bright , unfortunately not on the stage , its concentrated on the man 4th row from the back picking his nose albeit very interesting .

Moonbegger,

Comment

It was a printing error, so I have heard. Devonshire street mistaken for Dorset street.

Comment

undoubtedly...(and no I'm not stalking you...just following up on the "new posts"!)

All the best

Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X