Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think William Herbert Wallace was guilty?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Talent spotted for the premier league.' What a joke.

I sense that the Clown is laying the ground work for a hasty retreat. He's got his excuse ready.

It's understandable though. You would think that with so many posts he'd have won at least one argument and yet he's resoundingly lost every single one. He never was much competition but he's just getting less and less every day.

'The Correct Solution' has crumbled like the poorly constructed pack of cards that it was..

All I can say is:

"A sneak- thief............ ha ha'
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by AmericanSherlock View Post
      Anyone here a fan of Nietzsche? Rod is an ubermensch. Us commoners can't grasp his brilliance
      Rod will tell you that he was a left back for Bayern Munich.

A definite case of an unwarranted superiority complex!
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• A Question?

I'm rereading the Gannon book and have question.

Wallace is alone in the parlour with Mrs Johnston when he says " Why whatever was she doing with her mackintosh ; and my mackintosh?"
        Mrs J replied " Why, is it your mackintosh?"
        Wallace stoops to look and answers "Yes it's mine."

Gannon then goes on to discuss why he might have thought there were 2 mackintoshes; whether this happened on the first, second or third visit to the parlour and whether Wallace actually said " a mackintosh; my mackintosh?"

Mrs J was confident that he said "her" which Wallace confirmed.

Now this question might be answered later in the book but for now he seems to have ignored the most important statement. Wallace's first police statement where he said "My wife never wore a mackintosh to my knowledge."

This would seem to imply that she didn't own one. Why have one on the coat rack if she'd never worn it? So why would Wallace add initial doubt as to whose mackintosh it was when he must have known that it could only have been his?
        Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 03-19-2018, 02:29 PM.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• A strange thing to say!

When Johnston went for a doctor and the police he met his daughters boyfriend in Lower Breck Road. He tells him about events then say (apparently 'exasperatedly).

"Frank, I have to get Florence out of there as quickly as possible!"

Why?

She wasn't in danger. She wasn't panicking. She obviously wasn't squeamish.She was with a trusted neighbour in grief. She was calmly offering to make Wallace a cup of tea.

Why the desperation to get her out of that house?

Had he become suspicious of Wallace for some reason?
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Unlike you Rod, I’ve never claimed to know everything. And strangely enough I’m not an expert on 1930’s Liverpool refuse collection. A photograph of a bin means nothing to me. It’s a bin!

I’ll ask a question of someone who’s so obviously an expert in rubbish: couldn’t he have just taken the bar and pushed it into the ash in someone’s bin?
            I notice that there was no response to this one. I shouldn’t be surprised though as our resident genius usually resorts to ignoring questions that he can’t answer

Why couldn’t Wallace have simply put the bar into someone’s ash bin? Did the police go around sifting through piles of ash? What if the ash bins were emptied on the Wednesday morning? Is there any record of the workers that worked where the ash was dumped being asked to sift the ash for a weapon?

Answers on a postcard please

If this suggestion was physically impossible just tell me and I’ll happily move on
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I notice that there was no response to this one. I shouldn’t be surprised though as our resident genius usually resorts to ignoring questions that he can’t answer

Why couldn’t Wallace have simply put the bar into someone’s ash bin? Did the police go around sifting through piles of ash? What if the ash bins were emptied on the Wednesday morning? Is there any record of the workers that worked where the ash was dumped being asked to sift the ash for a weapon?

Answers on a postcard please

If this suggestion was physically impossible just tell me and I’ll happily move on

I have noticed this is a common dishonest tactical approach being employed on this thread by a certain user : make out like someone's idea was silly based on all sorts of semantics and then when challenged over the fact that the calculus hasn't actually changed, slither away. Repeat ad nauseam.

It reminds me of slippery politicians or disingenuous philosophers who ask for basic concepts or words to be defined before they can possibly give an answer to a simple question; this is usually to avoid being cornered logically.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmericanSherlock View Post
                I have noticed this is a common dishonest tactical approach being employed on this thread by a certain user : make out like someone's idea was silly based on all sorts of semantics and then when challenged over the fact that the calculus hasn't actually changed, slither away. Repeat ad nauseam.

It reminds me of slippery politicians or disingenuous philosophers who ask for basic concepts or words to be defined before they can possibly give an answer to a simple question; this is usually to avoid being cornered logically.
                It’s called RodSpeak. It goes like this.

He says “I’m not going to correct your factual inaccuracies.”

He actually means “ Damn, he’s right!

He says “More logical fallacies!”

He means “Damn, I didn’t think of that!

He says “ those who petulantly oppose ‘The Correct Solution.”

He means “It took me ages to think of that and they’ve completely shredded it, sob!”

He says “I’ve been promoted to a higher league.”

He means “I just can’t refute any of their points so I better scarper for a while and hope that they forget!”

He says “Those that matter accept ‘The Correct Solution.”

He means “ Me and my imaginary friend believe it so it must be true.”

When you see the patterns you can understand the poster.

Still waiting for the names of those that accept ‘The Correct Solution’ though AS

.....might be a long wait though.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

It’s called RodSpeak. It goes like this.

He says “I’m not going to correct your factual inaccuracies.”

He actually means “ Damn, he’s right!

He says “More logical fallacies!”

He means “Damn, I didn’t think of that!

He says “ those who petulantly oppose ‘The Correct Solution.”

He means “It took me ages to think of that and they’ve completely shredded it, sob!”

He says “I’ve been promoted to a higher league.”

He means “I just can’t refute any of their points so I better scarper for a while and hope that they forget!”

He says “Those that matter accept ‘The Correct Solution.”

He means “ Me and my imaginary friend believe it so it must be true.”

When you see the patterns you can understand the poster.

Still waiting for the names of those that accept ‘The Correct Solution’ though AS

.....might be a long wait though.
                  You've decoded the language!

The book is coming out "soon" by "those who matter", no doubt...

Comment

• The Police searched everywhere... And Wallace himself suggested the poker might be in the ash-bin. Unlikely that Wallace would give the Police the steer to where it might be found... I suggest, if he had actually secreted it in such a hiding-place...
                    Oliver KC: Have you made an exhaustive search for the iron bar which is suggested to have been used ?
                    Supt. Moore: I have.
                    Oliver KC: And you have searched everywhere ?
                    Supt. Moore: Yes.

Walsh: I want you to give the reply exactly as he said it ?
                    Sgt. Harry Bailey: The accused replied : ‘‘ She must have thrown the poker away with the ashes ; I do not know anything about the piece of iron in the parlour.”

Amusing that this thread has descended into a troll-fest about me, instead of the Wallace Case, and I'm flattered that I'm expected to be instantly available 24/7 to respond to the latest infantile scrawl on the toilet-wall...

Unlike the saddoes who have no life outside of this, I do get busy in the real world, and only come here to shoot fish when I'm a bit bored...

It's a lovely day, isn't it, and I've just been flying... Now I must call my broker. Toodle-pip!

Comment

• Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
                      The Police searched everywhere... And Wallace himself suggested the poker might be in the ash-bin. Unlikely that Wallace would give the Police the steer to where it might be found... I suggest, if he had actually secreted it in such a hiding-place...
                      Oliver KC: Have you made an exhaustive search for the iron bar which is suggested to have been used ?

Sgt. Harry Bailey: The accused replied : ‘‘ She must have thrown the poker away with the ashes ; I do not know anything about the piece of iron in the parlour.”

Amusing that this thread has descended into a troll-fest about me, instead of the Wallace Case, and I'm flattered that I'm expected to be instantly available 24/7 to respond to the latest infantile scrawl on the toilet-wall...

Unlike the saddoes who have no life outside of this, I do get busy in the real world, and only come here to shoot fish when I'm a bit bored...

It's a lovely day, isn't it, and I've just been flying... Now I must call my broker. Toodle-pip!

This isn't the only forum you post on. Not by a long, long shot.

People with fruitful lives don't feel the need to brag to strangers on the internet about them.

If you had stuck to the Wallace case and not insulted any opposing viewpoints, then no one would have made it about you.

Projection as usual.

Comment

The Police searched everywhere... And Wallace himself suggested the poker might be in the ash-bin. Unlikely that Wallace would give the Police the steer to where it might be found... I suggest, if he had actually secreted it in such a hiding-place...

Again, a lack of intelligent thought shines through. I never suggested that he’d put it in his own bin! He would have indeed been an idiot to point the police to where he’d dumped it! I suggested another ash bin. Is it absolutely impossible that Wallace put it in an ash bin anywhere on his route or slightly off it?

Obviously not everywhere Rod because they didn’t find it!!

A statement that could be seen as Wallace trying to dismiss the idea that a bar from the fire could have been used as a weapon. Simples.

The only time that there is bad feeling on here Rod is when you turn up. Coincidence? Nope, it’s because of your obsessiveness, your complete lack of logic and reason and you’re unwillingness to accept that you’re joke theory has been exposed time and time again.

Says the man who spends his life driving around Liverpool in the dark and loitering around on pub car parks. The man who can’t name one single living, breathing, thinking human being who believes his joke theory

For Christ sake listen to yourself man! Grow up! We’re adults on this thread and not in the least bit impressed by your pathetic, insecure boasting Del Boy!

Time to give up Rod. Have a mug of cocoa and take a nap
                        Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 03-20-2018, 08:41 AM.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Try answering a proper question like why Wallace said “her mackintosh” to Mrs Johnston yet in his police statement he said:

“My wife never wore a mackintosh to my knowledge.”

Do you notice a slight conflict there?
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• And while we’re at it you’ve never managed to explain how Parry would have known that Beattie wouldn’t have known Wallace’s address? Or that no one else at the club knew it? If Beattie had had Wallace’s address it would have been game over. It would have been quite reasonable to think that the club captain might have kept members contact details.

Answer: he couldn’t possibly have known that Beattie couldn’t find the address.

Conclusion: Parry didn’t make the call. Wallace did
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• "Is it absolutely impossible that Wallace....?"

No, no more than it is not "absolutely impossible" that Alan Close and his chums murdered Julia. Or Johnston, or Marsden, or Amy Wallace. Or some nameless person...

But in the real world, Wallace (or anyone else) does NOT have to prove himself not guilty!!

Even your fellow-dweebs in the (cough) "Sherlock Holmes Society" would know that, I'd hazard.

So thank-you for your admission that you ignore facts, logic and common sense in the pursuit of prejudice and fancy... as i have repeatedly demonstrated over at least 100 pages of this sorry thread...

The Correct Solution can only be arrived at through abductive reasoning.

Few, as the real Sherlock Holmes observed, have the necessary mental equipment to do it...

Trolls and Stalkers self-evidently don't.
                              Last edited by RodCrosby; 03-20-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

"Is it absolutely impossible that Wallace....?"

No, no more than it is not "absolutely impossible" that Alan Close and his chums murdered Julia. Or Johnston, or Marsden, or Amy Wallace. Or some nameless person...

But in the real world, Wallace (or anyone else) does NOT have to prove himself not guilty!!

Even your fellow-dweebs in the (cough) "Sherlock Holmes Society" would know that, I'd hazard.

So thank-you for your admission that you ignore facts, logic and common sense in the pursuit of prejudice and fancy... as i have repeatedly demonstrated over at least 100 pages of this sorry thread...

The Correct Solution can only be arrived at through abductive reasoning.

Few, as the real Sherlock Holmes observed, have the necessary mental equipment to do it...

Trolls and Stalkers self-evidently don't.
                                How many times must we repeat ourselves that we are not finding anyone guilty beyond a reasonable doubt but rather saying what we think most likely happened?

And even if we DID think Wallace guilty beyond a reasonable doubt your outburst here is a complete non sequitur in response to what Herlock said.

You personally are probably the best argument against a jury system there is out there. It frightens me to think you having anyone's life in your hands.

No one is a stalker it is just your stench of arrogance and unwarranted conclusions has infiltrated a plethora of forums. I recognized your rubbish theory in your very first post here if you'll recall since you already posted the long and boring drivel on another forum. I had come across it and had a good laugh at it but the thread was already closed so I couldn't tell you what a joke it was. Glad I had the chance now.
                                Last edited by AmericanSherlock; 03-20-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X