Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some pictures from Goulston street .. the passage that now leads to the original stairwell above the site of the GSG and the bloody apron .
    Attached Files

Comment

• the entrance to the stairwell ..
      Attached Files

Comment

• The narrow stairwell itself , that PC Long searched on the night of the double event ..
        Attached Files

Comment

• Here is also a short video of the original stairwell ( apart from carpet and plaster )

Comment

• Thanks Moonbegger!

Comment

• Thanks Chris

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Thanks for posting that! It's remarkable to actually see inside - it looks so normal, and here the Ripper himself might have gone up those stairs...
                - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                  Thanks for posting that! It's remarkable to actually see inside - it looks so normal, and here the Ripper himself might have gone up those stairs...
                  Yes Ginger, and just maybe , if the killer unintentionally dropped Kate's apron whilst heading up that stairwell .. I may actually have Jack the Rippers front door on film

Then again , its only connection to the murders may well have just been PC Long's search of them on the night of the double event . either way , I have never seen the inside dimensions of the stairwell on film or photo before , and thought it well worthy of a visit and a post .

Thanks all ,

moonbegger

Comment

• Well done Moonbeggar.
                    I've never been able to blag my way inside.
                    Next time try the Whitechapel Working Lads Institute and let me know so you can let me in as well.

Comment

• Got around the back, never inside.

Great stuff.

Ed, its on my list also. I hope you fair better than I. Managed to get into Cloak Lane and Commercial Street nicks though.

Monty
                      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                        Well done Moonbeggar.
                        I've never been able to blag my way inside.
                        Next time try the Whitechapel Working Lads Institute and let me know so you can let me in as well.
                        yes , it took a few attempts , and i think luck had an equal part to play . once i managed to blag my way into the first entrance and got to the GSG entrance i was fortune enough to meet someone coming out of it

yes will definitely try the WWLI next .

moonbegger

Comment

• How cool, what's it like inside?
                          “be just and fear not”

Comment

• Hi Jenni , there was nothing too unusual apart from the history that surrounds it .. it is not too difficult to visualize that dark narrow stairwell that PC long once searched .. did you check out the video ?

moonbegger

Comment

• A couple more shots from inside the GSG stairwell ..
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Here are some Pictures of #45 Norfolk road ( now Mitchinson road) Mitre square witness( Joseph Lawende's home ) in 1888 . I was born and raised in this street at #53 and my Great Great Nan & Granddad Jack & Jess lived at #43 , next door to #45 , where my aunt and uncle also lived for many years . the full story on how this all unfolded is on my ( Joseph Lawende's Home ) thread . i was asked to repost the pictures on this thread also .. cheers , moonbegger .
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X