Exonerating Michael Kidney - A Fresh Look at Old Myths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by auspirograph
    Yes but, as you may recall, Swanson was busy at the time in his office collating reports. It was Inspector Thomas Roots of Scotland Yard CID who went with H Division surgeon Bagster Phillips to review the Gateshead murder. This is what alerted Roslyn D'Onston, an avid newspaper reader, to his old friend's part in the Ripper investigation at the close of coroner Baxter's Chapman inquest.
    Very interesting. I didn't know that.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Read the Diss

Really enjoyed it. It still makes me grin when someone unravels a myth.
      Your explanation of the Padlock myth was like witnessing a game of Chinese Whispers in reverse. Excellent, facinating and enlightning. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Miakaal, thank you so very much for that. You might just be the third person to ever read it (myself and my editor being the first two), or at least it often seems that way when reading the Stride threads.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

The fourth person to have read it.
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

Excellent, Tom.
            There are several points worth discussing, but not in a Kidney-thread.
            I've always entertained the idea, for instance, that the Ripper had planned to kill twice that night.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
              I've always entertained the idea, for instance, that the Ripper had planned to kill twice that night.
              Hi David, I'm sure Tom is gonna love ya for that thought about the Ripper “possibly having planned to kill two that night“, but I personally disagree. I feel like Eddowes plus the GSG might have been a “revenge“ for the IWEC people having interrupted him.

With kind regards from Copenhagen, where “something is rotten in the kingdom of Danemark“.
              Maria Birbili
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

Hello my dear, personally I'm still undecided. I like the way you interpret the GSG, though.
                Copenhague ? Aimerais bien voir ça.

Comment

I like the way you interpret the GSG, though.
                  Not to highjack too much away from Kidney, but you do know that at least one IWEC member, Israel Sunshine, lived in the Goulston projects?

Copenhague? Aimerais bien voir ça.
                  Recherche inclue. And my Hostel room (which is built like a ship cabin) features a view directly inside of the local police headquarter's windows. Was thinking about getting hold of some rope... ;-)
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

Israel what ?

Comment

• Just another IWEC member, who was a resident at the Goulston building. Lots of Victorian Jews chose the first name “Israel“. “Sunshine“ might have been a translation of his original name (“Israel Sonnenschein“ or something?)
                      Best regards,
                      Maria

Comment

• Yes, I know. Israel Vibrations, for instance.

Comment

• This kinda reminds me of “sex wax“, which is the most commonly sold brand of wax (for 2 bucks). Just cuz one surfer figured out that “sex sells“.

PS.: It's kinda funny that a French guy I know made a real similar joke like yours about Danish peeps and cows. And then he added “Something is rotten in the kingdom of Danemark“. ;-) But I digress...
                          Best regards,
                          Maria

Comment

• id like to point out i did read it
                            “be just and fear not”

Comment

• Hi Deevs,

Yes, I strongly entertain the idea that the Ripper intended to kill two women that night and intentionally didn't bloody himself on the first 'kill', for that reason. Following this line of reasoning, the killing of women in different police jurisdictions, the graffiti, etc all make perfect sense. However, this mode of operation would fit very few suspects, so it's not liable to become popular with most.

Israel Sunshine, arrested along with Louis Diemshitz in 1889, lived in the infamous Goulston Street building.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hi Jen,

Yes, I know you did. You were very kind at the time. I was being a smartass earlier.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X