May: I Will Rip Up Human Rights Laws To Fight Terrorism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    Is there any real support for Farage's approach?
    I daresay there is, if the readers' comments on the Daily Mail website are anything to go by.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      I think they're on the list because they have been violent, i.e. they have "previous" for actually committing acts of hooliganism. The difference between listed football hooligans and the terrorists is that most of the latter are "first offenders" only at the point at which they commit their atrocities.

I do sympathise with your point, however.
      Yep somewhat different.

I'm dead set against locking someone up on suspicion.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        I daresay there is, if the readers' comments on the Daily Mail website are anything to go by.
        Then again, he represents a party who have won zero seats (out of 650) in last night's election.

Actually, I have just listened to the election results on BBC London for the last 45 minutes while driving in to work. There was not a single mention of Terrorism in the analysis of what can only be considered a disaster for Theresa May. The themes were her perceived arrogance during the election campaign, "Hard Brexit" vs. "Soft Brexit", Austerity and Labour actually coming up with some pretty popular policies such as re-nationalising the railways (Corbyn's perceived weakness as a Leader notwithstanding).

Brexit negotiations with the EU start in 10 day's time. She can't turn up in Brussels with this election result; it would completely undermine her negotiating positions from the moment she walks through the door. My only fear is that Bumbling-Boris will make another dash for the Tory party leadership. Then it will be our turn for having a joke leader in the world.
        Last edited by Svensson; 06-08-2017, 11:31 PM.

Comment

And it looks like you have no need to worry about what Ms May might have planned.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
            Then again, he represents a party who have won zero seats (out of 650) in last night's election.
            And when you're in that sort of position, it doesn't really matter what you say you'll do.
            G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              And when you're in that sort of position, it doesn't really matter what you say you'll do.
              Exactly. He's the definition of a free-wheeler.

Comment

one bit of fantastic irony now: The Tories got 13 seats in Scotland (previously 1), but it was the Tories who recently introduced legislation to block Scotish MPs from voting on English-only matters. So this means, for English-only legislation, a Tory/DUP government would not have an automatic majority

#owngoal #whowouldhavethought

Comment

Surely it would only mean that if the DUP were under the same restriction, it seems not
                  Still could be an own goal though , looking at the DUP's record of statements

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                    one bit of fantastic irony now: The Tories got 13 seats in Scotland (previously 1), but it was the Tories who recently introduced legislation to block Scotish MPs from voting on English-only matters. So this means, for English-only legislation, a Tory/DUP government would not have an automatic majority

#owngoal #whowouldhavethought
                    Im not sure this is true. The same English only legislation surely removes the 40 odd other Scottish MP's from the vote?

Comment

Working...
                    X