Emma Prentice - was she real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emma Prentice - was she real?

In the movie "Jack the Ripper" starring Michael (is it Craine?) there is a character - Emma Prentiss - played by Jane Seymour. Is Emma Prentiss a real person - or was she as she is most very likely dead by now :P - or is she just a made up character to add to the plot? Does anyone know for sure?
    For every man who says "It was him!" there will always be a man who says "You're wrong."

If you have an answer for me I'd appreciate it greatly if you could mail me and let me know. I have to go as it's getting really late. Please and thankyou.
    For every man who says "It was him!" there will always be a man who says "You're wrong."

Comment

As far as I am aware, the Emma character was a plot invention and did not exist
      Certainly her romantic involvement with Abberline as portrayed in the series is fictitious
      Chris

Comment

Abberline's actual wife was named Emma though wasn't she?

B.
        Bailey
        Wellington, New Zealand
        hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
        www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Thanks Chris. I tried to find a yes or no by searching but there was nothing anywhere. Many thanks again. And his wife... that's interesting... I'll look it up.

Comment

Abberline was married twice, JacknJill! Abberlines first wife was called Martha, and his second wife carried the name Emma.

The best,
            Fisherman

Comment

Does anyone happen to know what Emma was? Her class and maybe if she had anything in common with the movie character of Emma Prentice? I only knew about Martha. I've never done any extensive research on Abberline himself.

Comment

This is what happens if you Wiki Abberline:

"Abberline was married twice: once in March 1868 to 25-year-old Martha Mackness, the daughter of a labourer, from Elton, Northamptonshire; she died two months after the marriage of tuberculosis. On 17 December 1876, a decade before the Ripper murders, Abberline married 32-year-old Emma Beament, the daughter of a merchant, from Hoxton New Town, Shoreditch. Although they had no children, there is no credible evidence that the couple were unhappy, and the marriage lasted until Frederick’s death over 50 years later."

The best,
                Fisherman

Comment

I tried wiki-ing it but for some reason it keeps saying the webpage wasn't found. My computer's being a pain tonight. Thankyou so much though Fisherman, I owe you one.

Comment

Hi JnJ
                    Try the page at

That might help
                    Chris

Comment

Thankyou so much Chris. Much appreciated. Finally - some answers. My own searching gave me nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X