Nightmares ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmares ..

Am I the only person that has had nightmares after reading Casebook ?(and no I'm not talking about Pirate/Ally/Adam etc ad nauseum)

I find that when I read something then I have to visualise it, and if I see those old photos then I can all too easily convert them into technicolour 'reality' -like a film maker.

I went to bed last night and had nightmares for hours about Mary Kelly ( I have avoided THOSE photos for years, but just a picture of the outside of her room is enough to do it);

My husband is away for a few days, and being alone with my bed placed more or less facing the open window, a tailor's dummy with a bowler hat placed in a shadowy corner, and living in a part of town that could be the 2010 French equivalent of Whitechapel (prostitutes working the next street, and no, I wouldn't react to someone screaming 'murder!' -screams & fights happen all the time) -well the whole 'film' came back to haunt me;

Still, I'm pretty sure of Mary's last thoughts though ...I bet she wished that Joe Barnett had never gone away..

Has JtR given anyone else a 'bad time', here ???
    http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

No you are not alone. Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

No, Ruby, you're not at all alone. I keep the bedroom door locked even though my husband is sleeping right next to me.

Have you had dreams on the subject that have given you some insights? I've had a few of those.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Indeed. Meandering thoughts through sleep are often illuminating and sometimes they cause peturbance. No, you are not alone.

best wishes

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

illumination

Hello Phil. Well, I HOPE that my Ripper dreams are NOT an illumination. I recently dreamed that I killed Annie Chapman. As I recall, I had poisoned her and, as she lay moribund in hospital, I poured a few drops of water in her nostrils to finish her off lest she identify me.

So, am I the WC murderer? I'm almost old enough. Perhaps it's a revelation about Klosowski? (heh-heh)

The best.
          LC

Comment

Only Chapman?

Sorry Lynn, only one doesn't make you JTR.
            A cup of Horlicks at bedtime, one prescribes....

(with a tot of Lowland Malt, perhaps...)

best wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

Never had this happen before.

Joseph

Comment

[Have you had dreams on the subject that have given you some insights? I've had a few of those.
                No, Celesta -if only that IF Mary was the one to call out "Murder !" that night, then she wasn't out cold in a drunken heavy slumber, and such a short time after 'turning in', or else finding a man intent on doing her harm in her bedroom sobered her up pretty damn quickly !

The other victims seem to have been killed so quickly that they couldn't call out -they must hardly have had time to fully realise what was happening -
                especially as they were out on the street and had probably met 'dodgy' tricks before.

But Mary can't have been under any illusion about what was going to happen to her -especially with all the publicity about the other murders running through her mind; She must have been filled with dawning horror at the realisation of Jack's true identity and the fact that she would never be able to tell anyone; Also that if Joe had been there, she would have been protected -but just no one could walk in and save her.

luckily she couldn't know that JtR would do far worse than just rob her of her life -he'd rob her of her very identity for ever...because all we have are those death bed shots of her. All women are vain when it comes to unflattering photos, and luckily she couldn't know that photos of her in the most degrading state possible would be seen worldwide by generations and send people hiding their eyes in horror..

..and having nightmares
                http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Sorry for re-opening this,

But yes, I have had nightmares. Once I stayed up all night studying( back in december) and I fell alseep. I was awaken by the sound of a women screaming and I saw a girl, covered in blood standing on my bedside.

Quite the horrible experience but I am sure we all, as ripperologists, go through it once.
                  Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post
                    Am I the only person that has had nightmares after reading Casebook ?(and no I'm not talking about Pirate/Ally/Adam etc ad nauseum)

I find that when I read something then I have to visualise it, and if I see those old photos then I can all too easily convert them into technicolour 'reality' -like a film maker.

I went to bed last night and had nightmares for hours about Mary Kelly ( I have avoided THOSE photos for years, but just a picture of the outside of her room is enough to do it);

My husband is away for a few days, and being alone with my bed placed more or less facing the open window, a tailor's dummy with a bowler hat placed in a shadowy corner, and living in a part of town that could be the 2010 French equivalent of Whitechapel (prostitutes working the next street, and no, I wouldn't react to someone screaming 'murder!' -screams & fights happen all the time) -well the whole 'film' came back to haunt me;

Still, I'm pretty sure of Mary's last thoughts though ...I bet she wished that Joe Barnett had never gone away..

Has JtR given anyone else a 'bad time', here ???
                    never had a JTR nightmare(though i get plenty of others),am bipolar and dont come on here when im depressed,else the situation of the victims and their lives drags me even further down

Comment

I hope it is not I that you refer to in your opening there, Ruby?

Cheers,
                      Adam.

Comment

I may have had a JTR nightmare but, if I did, I cannot remember it.

I did once dream that I was in a house during the Blitz with German bombers overhead. The sheer terror of it was something I could never conjure up with my conscious mind. And no, I'm not old enough to have experienced it.

Comment

Working...
                        X