Stride Photo #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chris,

I believe they are talking about the same scan of the page that is on the old casebook archive from 2003, and this person is asking if there is a footnote on this page explaining the source of the photo or can a better scan of the complete page be provided.

JM

Comment

Hi Jonathan
      many thanks for that
      Hope all is well
      Chris

Comment

Dr. Watson

Thanks for the info, Doc. Sorry for being a suspicious bugger.

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
          According to an old thread on this very site, the "Stride" photo in question is from the book "Unsolved Murders" by Kane Friday.
          Many thanks Jon

Click image for larger version

Name:	stride photo4321.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	659359

Would anyone know the publication year of this?
          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Hi, Stephen.

Although I haven't come across any info on that book, someone by the name of Kane Friday posted on an 'Iowa Unsolved Murders Petition' site;
            maybe it's him?

Here is the link.

The number of unsolved murders in Iowa is increasing. The number of investigators have not. We need more people and funds to work (842 signatures on petition)

Best regards,
            Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by tji View Post
              Hi all

to me the womans ear on the left looks a lot larger than the photo on the right.

tj
              The original photo of Stride that we have appears to have been taken a few feet away, and the new photo closer up. That would answer why the ear appears larger.

Joseph

Comment

Modern

It's a modern image based on the original photograph and constructed, I believe, using CGI. I forget now where it was first published but it was used, again I believe, because of copyright concerns over the original image. As soon as I locate the source I'll give it. Needless to say it has no significance whatsoever as regards Ripper studies - other than avoiding speculation such as this.
                SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying Mr Evans.

Joseph

Comment

Working...
                    X