Cooney, Smith, Crossingham, McCarthy, owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooney, Smith, Crossingham, McCarthy, owners

I've been reading a few books recently about Old Nichols, Spitalfields and Whitechapel.

It appears that some tenants didn't know who their landlords truly were, since it went through several channels and ended up to some top notch people.

So, I was wandering, these guys, did they actually owned the buildings of their doss houses, or were they leasing as well?

Thank you.
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
    I've been reading a few books recently about Old Nichols, Spitalfields and Whitechapel.

It appears that some tenants didn't know who their landlords truly were, since it went through several channels and ended up to some top notch people.

So, I was wandering, these guys, did they actually owned the buildings of their doss houses, or were they leasing as well?

Thank you.
    Pretty sure there was a bit of both involved.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

With regards to McCarthy, it's well worth checking out Trevor Bond's article in Ripperologist #142.
      dustymiller
      aka drstrange

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
        With regards to McCarthy, it's well worth checking out Trevor Bond's article in Ripperologist #142.
        thanks
        Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
        - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Working...
        X