Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer Ripper films and upcoming

Found these at IMDb:

"Jack the Ripper", German TV movie, 2016.

A Study in Red Trilogy: With Michael Higgs, Jack O'Halloran, Christopher Adamson, Gia Skova.

"A Study in Red Trilogy" TV mini-series, 2017-- stars Jack O'Halloran (6'6") as The Ripper (no one will notice HIM!) -- seems to be based on a rather bad JTR novel.

"Time After Time", TV series (apparently based on the book and movie of the same name, H.G. Wells vs. JTR) Definitely one I'll look out for! -- 2017

Shakespeare v Jack the Ripper: Directed by Graham Fletcher-Cook. With Graham Fletcher-Cook, Chelsea Fitzgerald, Michele Winstanley, Gary Hailes. The shocking link between William Shakespeare, the Jack The Ripper murders, the Freemasons and Hollywood.

"Shakespeare v. Jack the Ripper", TV Documentary, 2017 (involves Shakespeare, JTR, and the Freemasons-- sigh...)

This one may be better:
    Jack the Ripper: Reality and Myth: Created by Mario Domina. With John Nettles, Clive Mantle, James Jaysen Bryhan, Kya Garwood. Documentary series about Jack the Ripper, who holds the best-known name given to an unidentified serial killer active in the largely impoverished areas in and around the Whitechapel district of London in 1888.

"Jack the Ripper: Reality and Myth" (TV documentary for 2017, only in pre-production now)

Can only wonder what 2018 will bring us, as well.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

"Shakespeare v. Jack the Ripper", TV Documentary, 2017 (involves Shakespeare, JTR, and the Freemasons-- sigh...)
    I was thinking this is brilliant...obviously involving a Tardis or flux capacitor of somesort...Shakey v Jack? what's not to like?

Alas it's a documentary...

What if William Shakespeare's original Globe Theatre was located in East London close to the sites of the Jack The Ripper murders? What if 600 Freemasons, in full regalia had laid the foundation stone to the Shakespeare Memorial Theatre? What if a link between Masonic ritual, Shakespeare's plays and Jack The Ripper could be revealed? What if a play written by Shakespeare in 1610 refers to 'Jack The Ripper, executing East End whores and black magic'? What if all of these statements are true? They are. The Historical Documentary Network in association with South Dakota TV presents the mind blowing documentary - Shakespeare Vs Jack The Ripper.

Ermm yeah...I'll be too busy washing my baldy napper that night methinks.

* edit...mmm 1610...so The Tempest certainly had it's black magic...but the Ripper and East End whores?....The stuff dreams are made on.
    Last edited by DirectorDave; 09-21-2016, 07:16 PM.
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Will v Jack, interesting concept
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Will v Jack, interesting concept
        Two Gentlemen of Whitechapel?
        Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
        - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Director Dave-- Hello, from one Whovian to another! (Will Shakespeare did encounter black magic in a 10th Doctor episode of Who, so anything is possible -- in fiction-- but "reality"? )

Gut-- It is interesting, but if they resort to ciphers and "lost plays" for the JTR reference in Shakespeare (as in the Authorship Controversy), I may throw something at the television!

SirJohnFalstaff-- A Midsummer's Nightmare? The Merry Whores of Whitechapel? "'Tis a rumination devoutly to be wished..."
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Hi Pat,

The Tempest written 1610 main protagonist Prospero was a sorcerer, but I'm struggling to recall anything Ripper related and as for murders there were none...in fact everything turns out fine in the end. It does have a bit time travel in it if you interpret it a certain way.

My first ever stage role was "The Master" in the Tempest...I played him Delgado-style.
            My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
              Director Dave-- Hello, from one Whovian to another! (Will Shakespeare did encounter black magic in a 10th Doctor episode of Who, so anything is possible -- in fiction-- but "reality"? )

Gut-- It is interesting, but if they resort to ciphers and "lost plays" for the JTR reference in Shakespeare (as in the Authorship Controversy), I may throw something at the television!

SirJohnFalstaff-- A Midsummer's Nightmare? The Merry Whores of Whitechapel? "'Tis a rumination devoutly to be wished..."
              I'm hoping they cover the authorship, because I'm related in some way or another to pretty much all of the contenders I've ever seen named, even though I can so far find no connection to Will and think he actually wrote them.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
                I was thinking this is brilliant...obviously involving a Tardis or flux capacitor of somesort...Shakey v Jack? what's not to like?

Now I am seriously excited for the inevitable Syfy Channel or Asylum cheapie of that idea. I would watch it at least four times. Brilliant.
                I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Working...
                X