Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem

Hello CD.

"And unless the police were complete idiots, Kidney would have been the prime suspect. So either he had an alibi that they checked or they were able to feel confident that he was not involved."

Absolutely. Then there is the problem of Kidney finding her. Why look on Berner?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

tandem

Hello Y. Welcome to the boards.

". . . the coroner's description of the neck cuts for Nichols and Chapman talk about the knife being used violently and with force . . ."

Indeed. Not to mention tandem, parallel incisions. Absent, by the way, on the others.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Hello Jon.

"Whoever Stride's killer was, if it is the man seen by Schwartz, then he knew he was seen. He was also seen by "Pipeman", so at least two witnesses could place him at the scene.
        If Michael Kidney was the killer it is beyond reason that he will show up at a public inquiry to give evidence, and to risk being identified in front of the press, the police and public."

Quite. Hopefully, we can get past Michael Kidney since he is a non-starter.

Cheers.
        LC
        Hello Lyn - I appreciate your logical reasoned advice, and unless we assume that Kidney was somehow so confident in his alibi then I agree that it makes sense to exclude him.

But I still can't get over the myriad differences in MO with Stride compared to the other canonicals. and personally believe that she can also be excluded.

However, I have conducted all my research in order to write an investigative horror game, not to construct a viable theory. So I guess that I, for my purposes, can be a little less logical, than a more serious researcher?

Comment

Wickerman's point is a salient one for anyone who considers Kidney to be Stride's murderer. Surely if Michael Kidney was the guilty party, and had been seen by no less than two witnesses, he would've also hightailed it out of town?

Comment

Hello Y. Welcome to the boards.

". . . the coroner's description of the neck cuts for Nichols and Chapman talk about the knife being used violently and with force . . ."

Indeed. Not to mention tandem, parallel incisions. Absent, by the way, on the others.

Cheers.
            LC
            Lynn - Many thanks for the welcome. Apologies, but I thought that Eddows neck wounds were of a similar nature to those of Nicholls and Chapman? However checking my notes I see just a single deep cut. And of course with Kelly it's a moot point!!

However I do still note very deep cuts to the neck in these three - compared to the relatively shallow one with Stride. Given that and the other considerable departures from MO, I personally harbour extreme doubts about Stride's inclusion?

Comment

slack

Hello Y. Thanks.

"Hello Lynn - I appreciate your logical reasoned advice, and unless we assume that Kidney was somehow so confident in his alibi then I agree that it makes sense to exclude him."

Thanks. Good thinking.

"But I still can't get over the myriad differences in MO with Stride compared to the other canonicals, and personally believe that she can also be excluded."

Well, given the choice of including Liz or Kate, I'd take Liz.

"However, I have conducted all my research in order to write an investigative horror game, not to construct a viable theory. So I guess that I, for my purposes, can be a little less logical, than a more serious researcher?"

Indeed. So you get much slack. But for all the rest . . . (heh-heh)

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

If the question here is whether or not we can tell anything from the bodies that may be useful, I would say that in addition to the wounds made upon the victims it may be useful to note the body positions.

Polly-On her back with her legs spread, skirts raised.
                Annie: On her back with her legs spread, skirts raised
                Liz: On her side, legs slightly bent, drawn into the body, skirt untouched
                Kate: On her back with her legs spread, skirts cut open.
                Mary: One her back with her legs spread, skirts removed, chemise open.

One thing I can tell easily is that one of these things is not like the others.

Cheers
                Michael Richards

Comment

bingo

Hello (again) Y.

"I thought that Eddowes neck wounds were of a similar nature to those of Nichols and Chapman? However checking my notes I see just a single deep cut."

Bingo.

Cheers.
                  LC
                  Last edited by lynn cates; 11-30-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Hello Y. Thanks.

"Hello Lynn - I appreciate your logical reasoned advice, and unless we assume that Kidney was somehow so confident in his alibi then I agree that it makes sense to exclude him."

Thanks. Good thinking.

"But I still can't get over the myriad differences in MO with Stride compared to the other canonicals, and personally believe that she can also be excluded."

Well, given the choice of including Liz or Kate, I'd take Liz.

"However, I have conducted all my research in order to write an investigative horror game, not to construct a viable theory. So I guess that I, for my purposes, can be a little less logical, than a more serious researcher?"

Indeed. So you get much slack. But for all the rest . . . (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                    LC
                    Hello Lynn.

I fully appreciate your humourous comment. But was not seeking slack, and am always open to be corrected. I was just trying to explain why my logic and research was maybe a little less coherent than is the norm in these forums.

One aspect of my evidence was surrounding the neck wounds and so Stride's neck injury being so different meant that I could/should exclude her from my storyline.

I just got a bit carried away in bringing my gaming vision into reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                      If the question here is whether or not we can tell anything from the bodies that may be useful, I would say that in addition to the wounds made upon the victims it may be useful to note the body positions.

Polly-On her back with her legs spread, skirts raised.
                      Annie: On her back with her legs spread, skirts raised
                      Liz: On her side, legs slightly bent, drawn into the body, skirt untouched
                      Kate: On her back with her legs spread, skirts cut open.
                      Mary: One her back with her legs spread, skirts removed, chemise open.

One thing I can tell easily is that one of these things is not like the others.

Cheers
                      Hi Michael.

Many thanks for your valid observation. Yeah that makes perfect sense and ties in with my observation about their orientation at both a chronological and wider scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Y'Golonac View Post
                        Hi Michael.

Many thanks for your valid observation. Yeah that makes perfect sense and ties in with my observation about their orientation at both a chronological and wider scale.
                        Quite welcome Y'Golonac....interesting moniker by the by.

When coupled with Strides single wound, her body position, for me, virtually eliminates the man that sought to mutilate the abdomens of women he has killed.

And when coupled with a second murder that seems to lack the characteristic degree of skill and knowledge seen with Annie, and then retrospectively, Polly, the likelihood for me is that neither murder was committed by Jack the Ripper that night, rather than the more broadly assumed,.. both of them.

Cheers
                        Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
                        X