The **** are the men.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    The cuts were well planned and well performed.
    They probably weren't, but nobody can say for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
      Oh Pierre can say for sure, he can even tell you how to think.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
        that view is one I have no trouble with at all Scott.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

We don't know for a fact that Jack (if it was Jack and I think it was) chose the site.
          I will take that further and suggest that the women chose the sites of the dalliance more often than not because they were the experts much more so than the customers. They knew where they hadn't been shooed away. They knew where other woman may have marked their own spots. They knew how to avoid trouble from the police and locals, if not from the Ripper.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Completely agree. I think it's unlikely that the clients ever chose the location of the 'liasons', unless they were flush enough to have a private room or house to take the woman to.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
              I will take that further and suggest that the women chose the sites of the dalliance more often than not because they were the experts much more so than the customers. They knew where they hadn't been shooed away. They knew where other woman may have marked their own spots. They knew how to avoid trouble from the police and locals, if not from the Ripper.

Mike
              Bingo.

But I would just add that perhaps if Tabram was a ripper victim and his first kill, then perhaps she was his trigger kill, and he came upon her passed out in the stairwell. I believe the residents there said that people used to sleep there.
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

[QUOTE=Pierre;378837]
                Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                The cuts were well planned and well performed.

Do you think the killer would have chosen the International Working Men's Educational Club as the site for performing extensive mutilations?

If you don´t think so, why do you think he chose the site?

Regards, Pierre
                Reckon Eddowes and Jack agreed on IWMC the previous day.

Stride and BS Man were Kate's accomplices in a blackmail pay off.

Eddowes celebrated with a part payment and was locked up.

The fact that she headed straight for Mitre Square on release suggests Jack had a bolt hole there.
                My money is on 6 Mitre Street.

Incidentally,Stride was of no interest to Jack,although she was most likely a patient. Hence no mutilation/post mortem.

Anyone in England prepared to do a title search for me?
                I can cover expenses via PayPal.
                Probably just a matter of 'phoning for a form,filling it in and posting it back with payment.
                Kindly PM me if capable of doing that.
                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

[QUOTE=DJA;378919]
                  Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Reckon Eddowes and Jack agreed on IWMC the previous day.

Stride and BS Man were Kate's accomplices in a blackmail pay off.

Eddowes celebrated with a part payment and was locked up.

The fact that she headed straight for Mitre Square on release suggests Jack had a bolt hole there.
                  My money is on 6 Mitre Street.

Incidentally,Stride was of no interest to Jack,although she was most likely a patient. Hence no mutilation/post mortem.

Anyone in England prepared to do a title search for me?
                  I can cover expenses via PayPal.
                  Probably just a matter of 'phoning for a form,filling it in and posting it back with payment.
                  Kindly PM me if capable of doing that.
                  Hi DJA
                  who was paying off who? and for what reason?
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Reckon Jack had been involved in sexual practices that would have put him in jail.
                    The five women,led by Mary Ann Kelly, were killed for attempting to blackmail him.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                      Reckon Jack had been involved in sexual practices that would have put him in jail.
                      The five women,led by Mary Ann Kelly, were killed for attempting to blackmail him.

DJA - forgive me, I've not been here in some time, and am still catching up on the many threads I've missed -- have you named your suspect anywhere here? It's hard to come at the idea of a blackmail plot, with no solid argument to back it up. I would assume you're not simply dropping these comments willy-nilly... so have you a link I could follow, please, to any threads explicitly dedicated to your theory/suspect?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post

Mike
                        Hi Mike,

I tend to agree. However, what this makes me wonder then is, did JtR wait like a spider near to one or more "preferred" areas, or did he simply happen upon the ideal victim at an ideal but utterly random moment, do you think?

Ie, how would Jack know where these women would take him, in advance (assuming he knew the area well enough to be able to effectively "vanish" from the streets and all view along them, quite quickly)? Perhaps by watching suitable victims at a suitable time of night/morning take customers to a suitable place immediately beforehand?

Or did he just hire many prostitutes and wait for one to take him somewhere that seemed okay in the moment?

Comment

Who knows. However, he may have met some of his potential victims in the main thoroughfares that were better lighted or perhaps spotted them tottering away from local pubs. I do think he had a line of patter that reassured them that he was OK and as they walked along they may have discussed nice, discreet dark lonely places where they would be undisturbed.

One of the exceptions to this may have been Nichols. I do feel that she was probably subjected to a blitz attack because he couldn't wait any longer and maybe she said something that angered him.

You wouldn't have thought that the yard next to the Workingman's Club would have been overly safe for either his or Liz's purposes. However, maybe they'd investigated further down the yard and seen the light of the printing office still on and someone working there and so retreated further up.

Of course we don't know how many of Jack's adventures were prematurely terminated because someone came out or walked past at the wrong time for him, or the women sensed something at the last minute and so his plans had to be aborted.

Comment

Ros and All.

Re: the past few posts and random blitz attacks:

1. Isn't Eliz "conveniently placed" in front of a dark yard?
                            2. How does The Ripper know that she is a "prostitute" and not a gf/wife of one of the IWEC members?

Re: the thread

I'm given the impression that the police officials lacked forensic imagination because they could have easily draped something over the writing until it was better collected.
                            there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Originally posted by Ausgirl View Post
                              DJA - forgive me, I've not been here in some time, and am still catching up on the many threads I've missed -- have you named your suspect anywhere here? It's hard to come at the idea of a blackmail plot, with no solid argument to back it up. I would assume you're not simply dropping these comments willy-nilly... so have you a link I could follow, please, to any threads explicitly dedicated to your theory/suspect?
                              I was replying to a specific question.
                              If you wish to catch up,do what others do and go back through poster's posts.
                              Information has been supplied through PMs and emails on a need to know basis.
                              Attempting to get a film written and produced,not to tell the world who Jack the Ripper was.....yet.
                              Best Wishes.

Comment

Wouldn't the previous murders have been on the mind of Stride? Could Liz have felt safer next to a club with a number of able bodied men inside?

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X