No announcement yet.

Hutchinson The Sailor Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think it was The Times that made Hutchinson out to be a groom.
    According to the police,he was an unemployed laborer.
    Both Toppy and Sailor Man were 22 at the time.
    Merchant navy often find something else to do at their home port.
    Friend who served on the Clara Clausen often worked in the building industry.
    Another just took an extended holiday with a bit of part time work.
    Last edited by DJA; 01-16-2017, 12:42 AM. Reason: Grammar
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
      There is quite a list of circumstantial evidence,some of which you are aware.
      Here is a bit......

All CV5 can be linked to him.

CV1 was a possible inpatient with CV4 over twenty years prior.
      Both had Rheumatic fever.
      Strep pyogenes makes their home in the intestines.
      Attacks both heart and kidneys/adrenal glands.

My family is genetically vulnerable,as was Eddowes'.
      I have neurasthenia. Sister similar. Father died of RF. Mother from another bacteria.
      My intestinal strep is 28.6% of my gut flora. That and kidneys/adrenals and heart would have been Jack's targets.

CV2 had TB which had invaded her brain.
      Seems an attempt was made to take her head off.
      Guess who was a chest "expert".

CV3 had a bottom lip that looked like hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia.
      Would explain the lack of a "post mortem" by Jack.
      Her husband had TB.

CV5 was probably 29 year old Mary Ann Kelly,a member of his church where he was on the Vestry Board with Thomas Stevenson (Maybrick,Chapman cases,etc).
      Strongly suspect this was part of the basis for RLS' novella.

HG Sutton had the skill and motivation if all five were blackmailing him.

Have a look at the time frame and movements of The Five.

He traveled home along Hanbury,Spital Square,Primrose,etc to Finsbury Square where Gull had once lived next door.

Probably had chalk in his pocket the weekend before start of teaching term.
      Height and ability to write in a neat schoolboy hand in limited light.

You would be aware of WE Gladstone's letter to The Times about Jack the Ripper.
      WEG and Sir William Withey Gull were both in the same club/think tank.

Reckon George Phillips knew Sutton and had a very good idea what was going on.

Quite frankly,I seriously doubt this was the great secret Ripperologists surmise.

If anyone seriously examines the facts,I'll be happy to reply.
      Otherwise,I do not have the time as I am seriously and chronically ill.
      Thanks for that, DJA - puts a little bit of flesh on the bones.

Comment

DJA: If you had any military training you would understand the term.
        I do.

I did have military training when I was twenty, a year of it. The officers were all very much different from each other. However, my take on things is that a military bearing is about a very straight posture. When I suggested this on the boards, however, some disagreed wildly.

Also tend to doubt the Victoria Home story,given he was standing outside the Commercial Street Chambers at 15 - 20 Dorset Street.
        Reminds me of The Ten Bells....oops.....Queens Head bit in his statement.

His paper interview was conducted at the Victoria Home, and in it, he spoke about "the place where I usually live", so on the surface of things, that place was not the Victoria Home. At the very least, any suggestion that it was must be looked upon with great scepticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          DJA:

I did have military training when I was twenty, a year of it. The officers were all very much different from each other. However, my take on things is that a military bearing is about a very straight posture. When I suggested this on the boards, however, some disagreed wildly.

I could prolly still strip an LMG and put it back together.
          Yep. Shoulders back,stomach in.look straight ahead......especially in the presence of an officer while being interviewed.
          Still sometimes hold a parcel and stride out.

His paper interview was conducted at the Victoria Home, and in it, he spoke about "the place where I usually live", so on the surface of things, that place was not the Victoria Home. At the very least, any suggestion that it was must be looked upon with great scepticism.
          OP had another thread on Sailor Man Hutchinson.
          Great research. Listed various address and a change of fortune
          (Think the grandfather ran a hotel in Ann Nichols old stomping ground near Shoe Lane.)
          There was an unexplained child in the household (one of two) whose parents lived at Primrose Street. Curious as it is the street past Spital Square where George Phillips lived. Phillips lobbied for a pardon for an associate of Jack the Ripper.

Mumbles something about Queer Street......

Sutton's father and uncle were Master Mariners. Baltic Sea. The Baltic Exchange was close to Mitre Square.
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
            Nothing concrete as yet - the number of people with this name clouds the issue. Obviously it would be good to pin down one with a sister in Romford.
            You don't need the burden of finding a sister in Romford, MS. That is a modern myth. Hutchinson said he'd been to Romford, as did the papers, no sister was ever mentioned in his statement or press. I think this myth originates with Bob Hinton's book where one of the GH's he researched had a sister in Romford and it's now crept in to the unidentified GH's bio.

Comment

Out of interest does anybody know who the George Hutchinson was that broke into someones house in Peckham and fell asleep there ?
              I found it once, he was arrested.

Comment

Working...
              X