New Ripper movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albert View Post
    Hi Station Cat, I think the trailer has been made by a fan rather than the film company. The film is due to start shooting later this year, I believe.
    Regards
    Albert

Just noticed the fan made trailer bit. Bl**dy youtube Oh well will have to sit back and wait...................

Comment

I'm sure if the other two films are anything to go by, it will be worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
        Hi Station Cat, I think the trailer has been made by a fan rather than the film company. The film is due to start shooting later this year, I believe.
        Regards
        Albert
        If they are going to get the time line and facts correlated,let alone a sensible plot with a new writer......gonna be a while before principal photography begins.

Might be more fun than the previous Caine and Depp efforts.

Doubted Depp would revisit Jack the Ripper after the first effort

Crikey! If he wants to finally rid himself of Disney and produce the real thing,he can PM me.
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Hasn't anyone noticed that the trailer is made of a series of short 1 second cuts from the first two SH movies? A fake trailer, if I may say so, Watson!

Cheers,
          Hercule Poirot

Comment

Sherlock Holmes & Sweeney Todd combo? Ouch.

Anyways, I'd love to see Sherlock Holmes take on Jack The Ripper. A character that only existed in a novel and a serial killer? Oh who will win?

As long as they keep Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock, I'm fine with it. I wonder who will play JTR.
            “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

Originally posted by JadenCollins View Post
              Anyways, I'd love to see Sherlock Holmes take on Jack The Ripper.
              Then perhaps you might like to check out Murder By Decree with Christopher Plummer as Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post
                Then perhaps you might like to check out Murder By Decree with Christopher Plummer as Holmes.
                The climax of that movie was a mess-and not in a good way.

I was rather disappointed.

Comment

perhaps you might like to check out Murder By Decree with Christopher Plummer as Holmes.
                  Or even 'A Study in Terror' from 1965 which has quite the sexiest Mary Kelly.
                  allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                    Or even 'A Study in Terror' from 1965 which has quite the sexiest Mary Kelly.
                    Not even Heather Graham?

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
                        Hasn't anyone noticed that the trailer is made of a series of short 1 second cuts from the first two SH movies? A fake trailer, if I may say so, Watson!

Cheers,
                        Hercule Poirot
                        Yep, several of us, I'd say most, did note that the clip was made by a fan of a non-existent movie (at this time) and said so in our posts.

I'd still like to see Downie tackling Jack the Ripper. Perhaps they could get Johnny Depp to play Jack. Even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                          Yep, several of us, I'd say most, did note that the clip was made by a fan of a non-existent movie (at this time) and said so in our posts.

I'd still like to see Downie tackling Jack the Ripper. Perhaps they could get Johnny Depp to play Jack. Even better.
                          Given Holmes' estimated year of birth in 1854, he would have been 34 at the time of the JTR murders. Downie is 51, a bit too old for a Holmes role as far as I'm concerned. Then again, a thick coat of make-up could solve the problem.

Cheers,
                          Hercule Poirot

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post

Wouldn't that be weird? Johnny played Abberline in From Hell.

But if so, I hope it will be a Tim Burton film.

Comment

If I were to create a Ripper movie, I'd focus more on the characters involved: the policemen, the victims, and the witnesses of the case, rather than the killer himself. In fact, I'd leave the killer's identity a secret but perhaps throw in a chase-scene where the main character is agonizingly close to catching him but fails.

Comment

Indeed, or a trip to a plastic surgeon!

Best regards.
                                wigngown 🇬🇧

Comment

Working...
                                X