New Ripper movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ripper movie?

Has anyone else heard about the new Ripper movie? I'm told it's the second one in the Sherlock Holmes series.................

Found this.............

"When a psychotic serial killer known as Jack the Ripper arrives in London and begins a murder spree, the minds of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are called ...

Not sure?

What are other peoples opinions of it?

Don't think it's going to be as good as "From Hell". It appears to just have Jack as something that's going on in the background as apposed to the main theme?

Comment

The Staion Cat,

Quote from Casebook - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of Sherlock Holmes, believed that Jack the Ripper disguised himself as a woman in order to avoid capture and become more readily accesible to other women.

If the film ever gets made, I'd watch it. Not sure it would reflect Sir ACD's beliefs though.

Best regards,
      wigngown 🇬🇧

Comment

That looks really good! Maybe they should pay the fan to give them his clip when the real Sherlock Holmes 3 comes out, if it ever does. Even though Robert Downie Jnr no more resembled the character Sherlock Holmes than I do, I still really loved the first two films in this franchise. They were my guilty pleasure! I think the script is being rewritten for No. 3 as we speak. Perhaps they will do a Holmes V's JTR version. Can't wait!

Comment

Rosella,

I thought RDjnr did a good job & I enjoyed the films. IMHO, Jeremy Brett was the best Sherlock Holmes.

Best regards.
          wigngown 🇬🇧

Comment

Originally posted by The Station Cat View Post
            Has anyone else heard about the new Ripper movie? I'm told it's the second one in the Sherlock Holmes series.................
            Nope.

Doubt there is a script as yet.

Certainly not in production.

Would be the third.
            My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
              Nope.

Doubt there is a script as yet.

Certainly not in production.

Would be the third.

Curious the youtube trailer suggests it's due for release in December?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                That looks really good! Maybe they should pay the fan to give them his clip when the real Sherlock Holmes 3 comes out, if it ever does. Even though Robert Downie Jnr no more resembled the character Sherlock Holmes than I do, I still really loved the first two films in this franchise. They were my guilty pleasure! I think the script is being rewritten for No. 3 as we speak. Perhaps they will do a Holmes V's JTR version. Can't wait!

Not seen either of the other two. Will have to lovefilm them.

Comment

Curious the youtube trailer suggests it's due for release in December?
                  Will be heralded by flocks of flying pigs.

Have the first two on Blu Ray.

Fan of Rachel McAdams.
                  Friend's cousin wrote one of her best movies.

Reckon she would have been great as Mary Ann Kelly up to a decade ago.

Comment

They just announced a new writer being hired for the third flick today. Doubt it'll see a release this year or even start filming anytime soon.
                    Honestly, I was really bored with Ritchie's other two Holmes flicks and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was a train wreck. But hope springs eternal.
                    I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Enjoyed the first one.

Comment

Am I missing something here. The trailer suggests that the film has already been made and is poised for release in December?

Comment

"When a psychotic serial killer known as Jack the Ripper arrives in London and begins a murder spree, the minds of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are called ...

If they've only just announced a new writer today, for the third film, what's this one? Looks like Depp is playing Jack?

Comment

Oddly,reckon Depp would be almost perfect as Jack.
                            Bit older and taller but.
                            Capable of playing an Aspie type.

Comment

Hi Station Cat, I think the trailer has been made by a fan rather than the film company. The film is due to start shooting later this year, I believe.
                              Regards
                              Albert

Comment

Working...
                              X