Latest on My Dutfield's Yard 3D Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest on My Dutfield's Yard 3D Project

Here's a link to a post with some screenshots of my latest attempt to 3D Berner's Street & Dutfield's yard. When I upload the scene you will be able to walk around the area from Berner Street junction (the crossroads) down (and into) Dutfield's Yard. it's a scale model and pretty accurate (more so once I have feedback).

Here are three screenshots with more images HERE

thanks
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

This is excellent, Richard, and really emphasises, I think, the almost complete darkness of streets and this Yard, in particular.

Comment

Thanks
      Yes, I wanted to keep the scene as dark as possible to show how dark these streets really were at night with only the odd gas light around. Problem is that we need to be able to see things on the PC screen so it is really hard to juggle the brightness and resolution to get a satisfactory result. Also, different PC screens obviously have a wide variety of resolutions and each user has their own setup for their own PC/eyes so, again, it is hard to get a get a good universal brightness. On my PC (old) the render is fab and looks like I want it to look but the same scene on my son's PC show a REALLY dark (almost black) scene which is no good at all to walk around. I have added some brightness & lighting toggles and a fog on/off switch so we'll see how it translates when people test the scene.

it's a shame because from an ideal screen/resolution this scene really looks and feels as I had wanted it to look. making it brighter sort of diminishes the effect.

We'll see how it goes when you guys have a walk around and test it.

thanks

Comment

Thanks Richard aging a bit of a play.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Okay, I'm going to give the link for the TEST scene (not finished but getting there) so people can have a walk around and test the lighting etc.

There are a multitude of things not complete but perhaps it would be good to get some feedback and advice so I can see what needs to be done.

the link is:

NOTES:

open in IE or Mozilla because Chrome doesn't support Unity WebPlayer any more.

User WASD keys to move
          Mouse to pan
          Press the < > keys to alter lighing
          press F to toggle Fog
          Press L to toggle day & night
          Press V to toggle Victim (you know where she will be !

Stay within the area of the cross roads (The Nelson) and the yard as I've not modelled anything in the far distance (the far distance are only placement models - for aesthetics) Eventually I'll put collision blocks to stop you going where I don't want you wondering!

hope you like what I've done so far and I hope it's not too dark.

NB stand near the body and you'll hear the chatter going on within the Working Man's Club !

Comment

This is the latest update of my attempt to create a 3D walk-thru of JtR murder scenes.
            It's a web Browser (IE or Mozilla - not Chrome unfortunately) WebPlayer Unity scene and I'd like some feedback on how it looks, acts and works from your PCs.

On my PC it looks quite good but on testing it on other machines I got mixed results which were generally.... crap!

So I'd like you to give it a go and let me know what you think.

It's dark (but there are light controls) but obviously the more light you give it the less it will look like a dark, foggy, gloomy Victorian London.

Have a go and let me know.

This is the latest build (Sunday 11th Oct @ 17:00)

there is a menu once the scene has loaded so just follow the instructions and have a walk.

thanks
            R

Comment

Excellent work, just fascinating.

Comment

Working...
              X