Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow of The Ripper - sample script

Hi folks,

I'm a screenwriter, and in the past year I decided to begin writing a feature script based on the Ripper murders, but without the Royal/Mason conspiracy arc that while is good for entertainment purposes, misleads continually on so many false levels.

So with that out of my mind, I wanted to focus on and show Jack as a man who blends into Whitechapel, the surroundings. But of course, it also needs to be entertaining as a ongoing narrative too.

Speaking of narrative too, it soon also became apparent this would be a LONG feature film, so I decided to break it down into a 3 part TV series. Episode 1 now has a rough completed draft and I wanted to provide a sample here from the Polly Nichols murder scene to get any feedback from you all.

I've been away a lot working on this project for nearly a year now, also visiting Whitechapel continuously (as recently as this Saturday night just gone) to get a feel of the history, of the murder sites, as well as researching police files, inquest transcripts etc to try and get what I'm writing as good as I can. Like I mention, this is a rough draft.

But if anyone has a moment or two to have a snoop and give me any feedback, whether good or bad, I would appreciate it. As I say, I'm very committed to my writing and want to get this right in terms of style, tone, look, as well as making it something that an audience will want to see.

In terms of Jack's look, refer to the Finding Jack The Ripper documentary image below from National Geographic too, as that is a template and look I have in mind for this project.

If anyone is interested in giving me feedback as I go along further as well, that would be something I welcome very much.

I thank you in advance, and await your thoughts and ideas (my fingernails on the other hand are being chewed in anticipation!).

Kind regards,

Dave
    Attached Files

A couple of points, I hope you don't mind my saying.

The full moon was on the 21st. The 29th was the last quarter, so there was a bit less on the 31st.

Polly Nichols was married, though estranged.

Comment

That's fine. Thankyou.

Like I say its a rough version and little details need ironing out still but its better to do that once you have a foundation to work and build on.

So anything is appreciated. Thank you again.

Comment

I am sure someone will come along to confirm or deny this, but I am pretty sure that the London police forces didn't have whistles yet at the time of the murders.

I am not familiar with tv scripts which may be why I am a little confused by some of the content - as to what it is for.

For example, the bit where Jack thinks of Tabram, would this be spoken by a narrator? How would this be communicated to the audience, or is it for the actor's benefit to give them a frame of mind?

Comment

More for an actor/directors benefit to help visuals and how to portray the scene.

Comment

Hi Prot, i have been interested in screenwriting for a while.
            I have read some good books, including STORY by Robert McKee, and THE ANATOMY OF STORY by John Truby.
            Can you recommend anymore ?
            SCORPIO

Comment

Working...
            X