Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Witnesses: Our Charles Cross - by GUT 3 hours ago.
Witnesses: Our Charles Cross - by GUT 3 hours ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by packers stem 3 hours ago.
Witnesses: Our Charles Cross - by MrBarnett 3 hours ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by GUT 3 hours ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by packers stem 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - (18 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: What was occuring in 1888? - (6 posts)
Witnesses: Our Charles Cross - (5 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - (3 posts)
General Discussion: Mug Shots from 1908-1911 - (3 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Mary Kellys Inquest - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Pub Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2018, 07:57 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
I am one of the worlds great skeptics (but am not opposed to the possibility.. just have never seen anything to convince me).. That being said, I do have one "odd" occurrence...
When I was 25 years old I was in bed sleeping and I heard someone open the door to my bedroom, I thought it was my roommate at first (who often came in my room for CD's or Movies at night as he worked 2nd shift and would be up late), but then I felt someone sit on the edge of my bed.. I opened my eyes and saw my grandfather (who died when I wasn't even 2 years old.. I only knew him from pictures) then he spoke... he said " Why are you debating it.. just place the bet" (keep in mind my Grandfather was a huge gambler I have heard..and also a numbers runner... but that is a different story) I was confused and said "what bet, what are you talking about" he shook his head and said " Irish Woman in the 5th at Fort Erie" ( Fort Erie is a Thoroughbred Horse racing track in Fort Erie Canada.. about 20 minutes from where I live in Buffalo NY)..Again... I said " what are you talking about and he smiled and got up and walked out.....and I went back to sleep (or continued sleeping)
The next day I woke up (a Saturday) and called my mother to tell her about the dream I had.. and before I did she said "my Father came to see me last night.. and he said you were going to be ok" I laughed and said.. that's funny , I had a dream last night that he came to see me and told me to bet a horse.. she laughed and said, "yep that's my dad"
(my mother has claimed he visits her often....but you have to understand... he died very young (in his early 50's) under.. well... suspicious circumstances.. while my mother was only 26 and pregnant with her 3rd child (in fact she went in to labor with my Brother at his funeral), so his death was very hard on her... and understandable that she would project his visitations as a coping method... anyway..)
So I told her he told me to bet Irish Woman in the 5th at Fort Erie....and she said hang on let me grab the paper....and sure enough.. in the 5th Race at Fort Erie was a 2 year old horse named Irish woman....odds were like 36/1.. so I said.. well.. that's odd... I think I will go bet it... went up to Fort Erie.. and when it was time for the 5th I went to the window and as I was there I heard the announcement Irish Woman has been scratched (removed from the race)...
Now I admit it was odd....but I still chalk it up to coincidence... I probably saw the Fort Erie line up in the paper the day before.. and the name Irish Woman stuck with me in my subconscious (as I have always been attracted to Irish Women)... and in my mind I do associate gambling, especially horse betting with my grandfather... as far as my mother... as I said.. she claims he visits often.....anyway...even if I don't necessarily make any "supernatural" claims.. thought some of you would enjoy that story....it is also the kind of thing I can picture some people using as "proof" when my explanation is just as if not far more logical.

Steadmund Brand
Hi Stead
awesome story.

My dad died from cancer when I was in my twenties and I have the most vivid dreams of him. In them hes always beat the cancer and theres a sense of wonderment of how healthy he is and that hes kicked it. very vivid dreams but no question that they were only dreams.

I dont remember if my Mom ever said shed seen him again and unfortunately she has no memeory and does not even remember him any more. Im going to ask her though anyway next time i visit.

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote