Its official....I'm now old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its official....I'm now old.

I had this message on my Facebook account from a Tour Guide who has gotten upset at me calling him a long haired tosser and erroneous, which he was.

"Sunday at 12:56
    Jack L'Capot DeChambre.

Hi neil there are those who have studied jtr and are now showing tourists and schools alike and there are those who still say they study jtr and have done nothing with it. Grow old gracefully X"

My question is this, does the above comment about my age qualify me for the 'Old Farts club' alongside Paul Begg, Martin Fido and Stewart Evans?

Nah..I'm not in their league....but one can dream.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

That's what you get for having a Facebook account Monty.

By the by, we need your help in the Arbeter Fraint thread (http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=6489) to establish if "the headman of this group" investigating the IWEC post Stride refers to PC Smith or PC Lamb (or Abberline himself?).
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

I shall do my best Maria but I'm no Mr Dechambre.

Monty
      Monty

Comment

Thank you so much Monty.

Was wondering if I've met Mr. Dechambre and if it's just a pseudonym. (Mr. Roomforth?)
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

I found the long haired tosser !

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
            I had this message on my Facebook account from a Tour Guide who has gotten upset at me calling him a long haired tosser and erroneous, which he was.

Jack L'Capot DeChambre.

Hi neil there are those who have studied jtr and are now showing tourists and schools alike and there are those who still say they study jtr and have done nothing with it. Grow old gracefully X"

My question is this, does the above comment about my age qualify me for the 'Old Farts club' alongside Paul Begg, Martin Fido and Stewart Evans?

Monty
            Hey, not so much of the "old". I'm just a f... well, okay, I'm old. So not so much of the fart, er... oh, never mind...

Comment

Now days middle age is 40-69 so I guess you aren't officially old until you are 70. Four more years for me.
              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

My words were typed with affection Paul.

Monty
                Monty

Comment

I know this guy. Not specifically him, but I've worked with literally thousands of him over the past 18 years. Hell, I was him for 10. He's a reenactor. He gains just as much knowledge he needs in order to look and play the part, and impart general information to the tourists. Like renaissance festivals, or civil war reenactors. And there's a place for that in the world. And sometimes these people gain enough knowledge through this to become genuine scholars on the topic. But scholars don't study. They question, theorize, turn upside down and inside out. This guy is a student. You are a scholar. Practical application has nothing to do with it. You know why? There's exactly two practical applications for Ripper lore. Pound out books, or pound the pavement as a tour guide. If we all needed a practical application for this stuff, minds far greater than his would put him right out of a job. And then he's just a guy with a few nuggets of information and some bad costumes.
                  The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I've been here for 9 years and haven't yet detected an odour of Brylcream or Yardley lavender water. We're cool, man.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                      Hey, not so much of the "old". I'm just a f... well, okay, I'm old. So not so much of the fart, er... oh, never mind...
                      I've been informed that I am rapidly becoming both.

Comment

Jack L'Capot DeChambre.

Monty

Hello Monty,

No-one could take anyone seriously who has a name that reminds you of a bedroom receptacle.

All of us on Casebook think the opposite to him. (Cheeky toe rag!).

Perhaps if you promise to be good Messrs. Begg, Fido and Evans will let you join as a junior member. Just try and be a little more --- shall we say 'thoughtful' in what you call them.

Carol

Comment

I'm sure they'd welcome a young nipper to make the tea, toast the crumpet, polish up the bath-chair, etc. etc.
                          “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Here is footage of Monty waiting on Begg, Fido and Evans at their exclusive club :

Comment

I will be 66 this summer so what's the age of these old buzzards?
                              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X