Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Smokers May Have Harder Time Finding Love

c.d.

This is the least of it - smoking also causes brain tumours, racism, sexism, insanity, nuclear war, world starvation, mass suicide, and opens the door to dark powers.

Comment

Stains yer teeth too, innit. I'm not English so, fortunately, I've been able to find love while still enjoying the occasional pipe or Cuban.

Comment

symptoms

Hello Robert. You forgot acne, blindness and red hairs in the palms.

Hmm? Right. Sorry. Silly of me.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

It's a terrible habit, a most dreadful habit, and as soon as I stop smoking I'm going to recommend they ban it.

Comment

I'm a smoker, but the tobacco industry is just getting what it deserves.
            There was a time smoking was a pleasure, there were so many kinds of tobaccos you could buy, and make your own cigarettes, according to your taste.
            Now its only uniformity of taste and its mixed with poisons. What pleasure can you get from Malboros or Camels ? It stinks.

But smoking your pipe or a good cigar while sipping on a peated malt is still as great as ever and keeps me healthy, strong and charming.
            Last edited by DVV; 02-17-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Hi David

Yes, they experiment with the paper, the filter, the rod packing etc. The best cigarette I ever had was a Spanish one, but the French ones are good too. Plus you can pretend to be Jean-Paul Sartre with a French one.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                Plus you can pretend to be Jean-Paul Sartre with a French one.
                True. And if you're lucky enough to have the eyes of Martin Feldman, it makes you the real JPS.

Comment

The good news for smokers is that it is reported that smoking reduces the risk of Altzheimer's disease. The problem is I cannot remeber where I read it.

Rgds
                  John [twenty a day]

Comment

The alternate reading of this "Study" is that fewer smokers have to use these sad-act dating sites as they have already found love.

The smoking ban has been a great thing....all the cool people hang outside having a fag (spare me the joke yanks) and its a great way to pick up cool burds who also smoke.

Of course the health lobby have put their own spin on this but they are not fooling anyone.
                    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

smoking

since watching my grandfather waste into a literal skeleton from lung cancer caused by smoking in my teens, I have become very anti-smoking, and that has only increased as I have got older. I cannot comprehend why drugs such as heroin are illegal and yet an addictive drug as destructive as tobacco is marketed and sold to people. I find it morally reprehensible that a product which is known to kill and cause such horrible diseases is perfectly legal to buy, and that people make profit out of selling it.

I have dated smokers in the past but really it is like kissing an ash tray and I will never date a smoker again. I think smokers are so immune to the smell they do not realise how pungent it is to those of us that don't smoke. I've even had smokers pretend to me (or try to) that they have given up, not realising that the smell always betrays that lie!

Sorry...this will probably offend you smokers out there...but I am really hard line on this and can totally understand why its harder for smokers to find love.
                      babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Hi Babybird

I can see you're emotionally involved here, so I'll keep it zipped.

Comment

Hi David

Yes, they experiment with the paper, the filter, the rod packing etc. The best cigarette I ever had was a Spanish one, but the French ones are good too. Plus you can pretend to be Jean-Paul Sartre with a French one.
                          Even the dogs smoke in France

Comment

Yes but they can't get their books published.

Comment

Hi Babybird

I can see you're emotionally involved here, so I'll keep it zipped.

Lol Robert. Yes I am very emotionally involved but I guess every experience helps shape who we are.

I just don't understand the logic (or lack of it) of smoking. To me it's like spending a fortune buying an arsenal of weapons from an arms dealer and then turning them on yourself and commiting suicide with them...and it's not even quick!

I won't comment again now...but thank you for your sensitivity and perception about my emotional involvement. You are a good man.
                              babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Working...
                              X