Gordon Brown resigning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caps,
    Right on! In fact Brown came to the school I taught at .The school like many of the new schools that were built during Labour, was the result of the government prioritising schools and hospitals in particular.After Thatcher"s demolition job our hospitals were falling apart and our schools dilapidated with buckets under the roof to collect water when it rained.The picture is very different now in most areas of London, thanks to Labour.
    I thought Brown was viciously attacked by the Tory press who all combined in a witchhunt of lies and propaganda to get rid of him. Do you realise that many councils throughout the country changed to labour? London in particular,but also Liverpool and many many others that the Tory press has ignored and remained silent about.In the General Election Scotland went almost totally over to Labour.
    Gordon Brown by the way is acknowledged as having been a supremely brilliant chancellor. He was a decent politiician who did his best to keep people in jobs and keep the economy regenerating itself.A difficult task in the midst of this global economic crisis.Certainly the national debt is a great concern but recovery is predicted as long as people continue to remain in work and able to spend-that is according to the Keynsian economists which Brown is .Only time could tell if he was right---we may never know now.
    I hope he gets to fully enjoy his lovely wife and children now .
    Best,
    Norma
    Last edited by Natalie Severn; 05-12-2010, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      Thin? I thought she's about 5 months pregnant!

But photogenic - oh yes!

Graham
      I dont want to get too personal but she is not at all pretty shall we say in real life.Sorry to disappoint you.She dresses well ofcourse.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
        Caps,
        Right on! In fact Brown came to the school I taught at .The school like many of the new schools that were built during Labour, was the result of the government prioritising schools and hospitals in particular.After Thatcher"s demolition job our hospitals were falling apart and our schools dilapidated with buckets under the roof to collect water when it rained.The picture is very different now in most areas of London, thanks to Labour.
        I thought Brown was viciously attacked by the Tory press who all combined in a witchhunt of lies and propaganda to get rid of him. Do you realise that many councils throughout the country changed to labour? London in particular,but also Liverpool and many many others that the Tory press has ignored and remained silent about.In the General Election Scotland went almost totally over to Labour.
        Gordon Brown by the way is acknowledged as having been a supremely brilliant chancellor. He was a decent politiician who did his best to keep people in jobs and keep the economy regenerating itself.A difficult task in the midst of this global economic crisis.Certainly the national debt is a great concern but recovery is predicted as long as people continue to remain in work and able to spend-that is according to the Keynsian economists which Brown is .Only time could tell if he was right---we may never know now.
        Best,
        Norma
        Hear! Hear! Natalie, excellent post.

I think we will all be back at the polls within six months, then the vote will be split between the two party lines and Mr Clegg et al will be drubbed.

Comment

I dont want to get too personal but she is not at all pretty shall we say in real life.Sorry to disappoint you.She dresses well ofcourse.
          Miaow!

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

I only hope that Cameron, Clegg et al get public-sector salaries and pensions where they belong - in the real world.

I'm damned if I will continue to allow my taxes to support the inflated salaries and pensions of police, teachers, nurses, social workers (so-called) and God knows who else whose lifestyles are supported by New Labour RIP.

Graham
            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

I must say Natalie that I am dumbfounded by the British election. It seems that Labour's biggest fault was going too far to the RIGHT economically in terms of financial "deregulation". This is what got the world into this mess! And yet the British public responds by voting for a party to the RIGHT of Labour! Very strange...I guess they just wanted to punish the party in power.

Even though I'm an American I've followed British politics for years. One of my British ancestors who was one of the architects of the British welfare state under Clament Attlee.
              Jeff

Comment

Miaow!

Graham
                No Graham,I am sorry but around here there are many very attractive women and she isnt in the running-.Actresses and models etc that you see in the shops in coffee shops,everywhere every day etc---hey I even saw Scarlett Johanessen the year before last ! But anyway it doesnt matter and it certainly isnt important.

Comment

Originally posted by apricot View Post
                  Hear! Hear! Natalie, excellent post.

I think we will all be back at the polls within six months, then the vote will be split between the two party lines and Mr Clegg et al will be drubbed.
                  Thanks apricot and I couldnt agree more!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkerton View Post
                    I must say Natalie that I am dumbfounded by the British election. It seems that Labour's biggest fault was going too far to the RIGHT economically in terms of financial "deregulation". This is what got the world into this mess! And yet the British public responds by voting for a party to the RIGHT of Labour! Very strange...I guess they just wanted to punish the party in power.

Even though I'm an American I've followed British politics for years. One of my British ancestors who was one of the architects of the British welfare state under Clament Attlee.
                    Fascinating - I love your post Pinkerton! Clement Attlee was one of the greats!
                    What you say about deregulation is what I thought .I have been persuaded lately by Brown because things are "recovering" gradually.But its very fragile i think and I have wondered whether Brown was right to borrow so much.Nobody really knows what is best.I heard Soros complain that a lot of it was a lot to do with newby hegdefunders not knowing what they had got into before it was too late and everything began to collapse.

Comment

Clement Atlee one of the greats????

He was a colourless, clueless dipstick with no more of a grasp of politics than I have of nuclear physics! The welfare state was the creation of Aneurin Bevin and only Aneurin Bevin.

And who the hell is this Scarlett Johanson or whatever its name is that you refer to?

Bloody hellfire!

Graham

Comment

Clement Atlee one of the greats????

He was a colourless, clueless dipstick with no more of a grasp of politics than I have of nuclear physics! The welfare state was the creation of Aneurin Bevin and only Aneurin Bevin.

And who the hell is this Scarlett Johanson or whatever its name is that you refer to?

Bloody hellfire!

Graham
                        Only Aneurin Bevin?? That's a laugh! Yes he thought the entire thing up himself and implemented it himself...I was referring to William Beveridge. You heard of the Beveridge Report have you??

I guess it was only a matter of time before a Thatcherite would show up..
                        Jeff

Comment

You rock, Natalie!

Graham what do you not understand and I will be glad to explain; I know I use "Americanisms" a lot (and i can be very direct) and I also know I do not write or speak as well as my friends across the pond.

The remark her husband made is patently offensive, not only to his fellow UK citizens, but to those of us in America as well...

He's being an elitist schmuck and thinking he is funny, when he is not.

I have read about these two, and my understanding is that she wears the proverbial "pants in the family" and is a real piece of work....uhhhhh, think the female version of this:

Diesel 40125, nicknamed "Old Stuck-Up", was a diesel engine who once visited the North Western Railway on loan from British Railways. BoCo was to show Old Stuck-Up around, but when he saw steam engines in the shed he refused to go further and insulted the railway for keeping them in service. An angry BoCo left him outside while he went inside the shed himself, and a furious James nicknamed him "Old Stuck-Up".[1] The next day, Old Stuck-Up was about to leave when he remembered that he needed refu

Excerpt: "Old Stuck-Up is rude and arrogant, as seems to be the norm with visiting diesels, and believes that steam power is subpar to diesel."

Diesel = Conservatives

Steam Power = Labour

Cheers,
                          cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

Caps,
                            Best,
                            Norma
                            Absolutely agree with every word Natalie. I am glad there are still some of the faithful remaining. People should wake up and understand the truth about this last Government and applaud what they have achieved.

There is still a long way to go to close the gap between some of the enormous wealth that has been created for the few elites and the desperate poverty that still remains.

Sadly, I do not think raising the threshold for inheritance tax and cutting public sector jobs is going to close that gap.

Comment

I only hope that Cameron, Clegg et al get public-sector salaries and pensions where they belong - in the real world.

I'm damned if I will continue to allow my taxes to support the inflated salaries and pensions of police, teachers, nurses, social workers (so-called) and God knows who else whose lifestyles are supported by New Labour RIP.

Graham
                              Hi Graham,

As a teacher, you are welcome to retire on my pension. It currently stands at about £60 per MONTH.

Let's look at things as they really are:

Me- fully qualified Advanced Skills Teacher and Lecturer in Literacy Education - Salary £26,000 (I'm in the FE Sector - poorer paid than the schools sector). Advanced Skills Teachers have to be graded yearly using the Ofsted Grading System and have to achieve at least Grade 2 (but preferably Grade 1). Anyone who knows about teaching will know that you have to perform and achieve grades at consistenly high levels.

Now, compare me with the gentleman who was Chief Executive of a certain bank that failed badly due to poor financial management (collectively, such banks caused the global recession). His salary ran into millions - and what does he get for crashing a bank and causing thousands of workers to lose their jobs?? He walks away with £750,000!!!

And what of nurses? You think they are well paid? Certainly they are paid better than they were - but not well paid for the skills they have and the job they do.

In my city, the Conservative MP was voted back in. He was one of those made to pay money back to the public purse over expense claims. He thought it was OK for the public to pay to have his swimming pool cleaned. The swimming pool of his huge house that is his second home. He claimed maximum expenses for his second home, even though we have a high-speed rail link to London that delivers you to Kings Cross in under an hour.

By contrast, the Labour candidate pledged to draw only a skilled worker's salary if elected. He promised to donate £30,000 of his salary per year to local good causes. He also pledged to claim NOTHING on his home in Peterborough.

However, the locals elected the Tory back in. So what can you say?

Let's see what Cameron can do. I'm not holding my breath.
                              Last edited by Limehouse; 05-12-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                                However, the locals elected the Tory back in. So what can you say?
                                I don't know, Limehouse. Democracy, eh? Tut. The 'locals' don't deserve it.

Here's what our Raving Loony candidate was proposing for the 'locals' of Croydon Central. It may be more up your alley - and Norma's:

"We should have a diverse, tolerant, pluralistic and democratic society in which there is mutual respect for a wide range of different views, cultures and lifestyles. Anybody who dares to suggest otherwise should be ruthlessly exterminated."

In case you're wondering, no, this one didn't get my vote.

Nor did Brown or Cameron.

But yes, I agree with Nats. Sam Cam should be shot for being plain but pretending to be attractive and sexy on camera. Nobody should be able to get away with that!

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                Last edited by caz; 05-12-2010, 01:48 PM.
                                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                                X