Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pinterest 'alive photos' - true and/or false?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pinterest 'alive photos' - true and/or false?

Hello you all!

Since I've been a passive member for years, I need some updating for the following reason:

Pinterest seems to have photos of Catherine Eddowes and Liz Stride, while they were young and alive. Plus a photo of living Mary Kelly, that isn't real to my knowledge.

The last time I was active I remember the only certain photo of anyone alive was Annie Chapman with her husband in a younghood photo.

So, what is the real situation?

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Yes, only the one genuine photograph. There is a fair bit of info about this over on jtrforums.
    dustymiller
    aka drstrange

Comment

Hello drstrange169!

Well, I thought the situation is still the same as it was in my active days.

Thank you for confirming that!

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

A couple of years ago I visited the Ripper Museum in Cable Street. These dodgy photos are displayed there as 'genuine.' I was with a friend and we spoke to the owner (the place hadn't long opened and there had recently been protests [from what I've heard, if correct, the protesters had a point]) We told him the photos weren't genuine but he insisted that a 'researcher' had confirmed to him that they were. As there were other visitors there he wasn't too keen to debate the issue!
        Errors can happen. This was pure dishonesty!
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Hello Herlock!

I do find it possible Mary Kelly might have been alive in some photo, since she participated to some riots in the East End around this case to my knowledge.

But even then, we don't have a photo to compare and if she was just 'a gal in the crowd', it's impossible to verify her.

All the best
          Jukka

Comment

Most likely these images on pinterest are fake.

However a photo of Martha Tabram alive is said to be in possession of her relatives...

Comment

Working...
            X