Not him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not him

I have read the diary several times and I am of the opinion that James maybrick WAS NOT Jack the Ripper. It was stated that James was addicted to arsenic and strychnine.
    The side effects of those 2 poisons would render him incapable of murdering because the side effects are:

After 15 to 30 minutes if ingestion, the symptoms of strychnine poisoning will start.

An initial aggressive convulsion may take place but usually the symptoms start off with uneasiness, exaggerated reflexes, stiffness in the face and leg muscles, unexpected movements, restlessness and heightened observation (vision, hearing and so on).

Slight motivation can start off convulsions that are violent in nature. The movements of a person may irregular initially which will follow hyperextension where the person’s body will be curved convexly (resting on head and heels) with the legs widened and arms loosened over the chest or inflexibly extended. The fists will be tightened, jaw pressed together, the face will have a smile and eyes will bulge out. Then the breathing of the person will stop and he or she will turn blue all of a sudden.

Between the convulsions, the muscles will loosen up, a person will have cold sweat and there will be contraction in the user’s pupils. Hypersensitivity will come back with additional convulsions after fifteen minutes. The patient may have to undergo one to ten attacks before he gets better or die from suffocation or respiratory arrest. If a person takes in about 100-200 mg then it can be dangerous. On the other hand as less as 15 mg in children and 30 mg in adults has proved to be dangerous.

therapistunlimited.com

Therefore how could james be killing women if he was busy fighting off convulsions fromthe effect of his drug use? Supporters will say that james didn't use drugs when he was killing but this again is wrong. The diary shows that James was constantly using it on multiple times every day durning the murders. Not possible for him to do it.

Originally posted by downonwhores View Post
    I have read the diary several times and I am of the opinion that James maybrick WAS NOT Jack the Ripper. It was stated that James was addicted to arsenic and strychnine.
    The side effects of those 2 poisons would render him incapable of murdering because the side effects are:

After 15 to 30 minutes if ingestion, the symptoms of strychnine poisoning will start.
    That assumes that a lethal dose is administered.

Strychnine was described in "Principal Drugs and Their Uses", A.L. Morton, Faber and Faber, London, 1934 as "among the most valuable and widely prescribed drugs".

Arsenic I hardly now where to begin here - in the form Arsenic Trioxide - it has recently (2000) been approved for the treatment of drug resistant acute promyelocytic leukemia by the fda (see link for discussion paper). In Maybrick's case the suggestion is that he was prescribed it for malaria and became addicted as a result. See here for a useful discussion of arsenic's use as a drug by academics at Johns Hopkins.

Yes, at the moment I think Maybrick is probably an unlikely candidate but the use of strychnine and arsenic do not rule him out.

Paula

Comment

Working...
    X