No announcement yet.

Rippercast Episode 60- Current Events and the Conference in Salisbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were the plans for my Lifetime Achievement Award discussed?

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
      You won't remember her, I think she retired. Her credibility took a nosedive when people thought she agreed with the conclusions in Tim Prescott's book.
      Isn't that the book where John McCarthy makes Pearly Poll give the victims abortions or something like that? I don't buy into that conspiracy crap and besides someone said it doesn't have an index. Shame you've gotten yourself involved with such projects, Deborah. Your fenian boxer theory held such promise.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Mentioning the Lifetime Achievement Award, it was very well deserved, but congrats to WS1888 for producing such a handsome award.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
          You won't remember her, I think she retired. Her credibility took a nosedive when people thought she agreed with the conclusions in Tim Prescott's book.
          Classic!

Love ya Debs and your love for historical research that we all benefit from.
          Best Wishes,
          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
            Mentioning the Lifetime Achievement Award, it was very well deserved, but congrats to WS1888 for producing such a handsome award.
            And the REAL charitable contributions that the WS have been involved with.
            Best Wishes,
            Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

thank you again for another amazing Ripeprcast!!

Great job everyone!!

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                Shame you've gotten yourself involved with such projects, Deborah.
                You misspelled "Debra." Watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                  You misspelled "Debra." Watch it.
                  No I didn't. I'm referring to Covell and I have the correct spelling.

Yours truly,

Tim Prescott

Comment

Great podcast guys - I enjoyed it and thanks for the kind words.

Just to clarify, my surname does seem to be an awkward one for people to pronounce but you were correct Ally (and I think Mark?) it is pronounced as 'eye anson' a little pause, not all together like Ianson.

Not sure why we have the apostrophe, it is something I would want to look into more indepth but never managed to do so yet.

Tracy
                    It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

One of my favourite Rippercasts is Ep 51 - The Blind Man's Bluff. There's a moment where Ally & Martin Fido just start chuckling their heads off, I assume to something typed over Skype, and Jonathan's all 'wtf?'

Comment

I was thrilled to see new Rippercasts up after a long hiatus. I've listened to them all and really appreciate the thoughtful discussion along with the good humor. It is great to connect the names to the personalities. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Thanks for the compliment, Serya. They're fun and informative for me, too.

JM

Comment

I've also always enjoyed your excellent selfless hosting, Jonathan. You do a great job of staying out of the way of a good discussion while instinctively knowing when to clarify topics as they arise during the twists and turns of the roundtable chats. You seem to know exactly the right time to step in with the quick historical context or summary so us non-experts do not lose the thread and become lost while listening.

Comment

Originally posted by serya View Post
                              I've also always enjoyed your excellent selfless hosting, Jonathan. You do a great job of staying out of the way of a good discussion while instinctively knowing when to clarify topics as they arise during the twists and turns of the roundtable chats. You seem to know exactly the right time to step in with the quick historical context or summary so us non-experts do not lose the thread and become lost while listening.
                              I second that. Jon has an amazing instinct on when to interject, and when to let it flow, and coupled with his fairly wide knowledge on the true crime genre, is able to, as you say Serya, put discussions into context.

I think the balance of Jons abilities, and Allys astuteness, along with the quality of guest, gives the Podcasts a unique feel and makes them extremely valuable to the field.

Monty
                              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

It was nice to get such a glowing compliment from Trevor Bond in this episode.

Rob H

Comment

Working...
                                X