Ep. #39- A Diseased and Vile Creature: Thomas Cutbush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
    But if you look at the Broadmoor files...
    We'd like to, AP.

Roy
    Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Oh ****, you are quite right.
      Robert?

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
        Ally and John,
        Yes damn it!...my apologies to Andy s-----I did think you were Andy Spallek!

Thankyou both for pointing this out---
        ---I am particularly sorry for mistakenly taking my dear friend Andy Spallek to task here as a result,though I cant honestly say Andy that what I said about Druitt wasnt what I actually believe to be the case these days!
        BTW Ally,- I do ofcourse accept the need for verification of source material
        Best
        Norma
        I have not read this thread so I cannot chime in on its content. However, I do want to make it clear that "Andy.S" and I are not one and the same person. I seek to "understand" Druitt's presence on the suspect list rather than prove him guilty.

Norma, no need to feel bad. It was a perfectly understandable mistake. No ill feelings at all.

Now, to avoid further confusion, my name is Andrew Spallek. I post under the name "aspallek" on these boards. I reside in St. Louis in the USA. I am the chap who has written extensively about Druitt and it was I who identified Farquharson as the west country MP and it was I who published the "new" photos of Druitt. It is also I who am planning a Druitt biography in the somewhat-near future. My full name "Andrew Spallek" always appears under my posts.

I suspect that if Druitt is ever exonerated by means of an alibi, it may well be I who discovers it simply because I am not aware of anyone else doing the level of research on Druitt that I am at present. Of course, there could be a researcher I am totally unaware of. I cannot conceive, however, of any evidence being uncovered that would point much further toward his guilt. The question I seek to answer is why he was a suspect.
        Last edited by aspallek; 03-05-2009, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspallek View Post
          I have not read this thread so I cannot chime in on its content. However, I do want to make it clear that "Andy.S" and I are not one and the same person. I seek to "understand" Druitt's presence on the suspect list rather than prove him guilty.

Norma, no need to feel bad. It was a perfectly understandable mistake. No ill feelings at all.

Now, to avoid further confusion, my name is Andrew Spallek. I post under the name "aspallek" on these boards. I reside in St. Louis in the USA. I am the chap who has written extensively about Druitt and it was I who identified Farquharson as the west country MP and it was I who published the "new" photos of Druitt. It is also I who am planning a Druitt biography in the somewhat-near future. My full name "Andrew Spallek" always appears under my posts.

I suspect that if Druitt is ever exonerated by means of an alibi, it may well be I who discovers it simply because I am not aware of anyone else doing the level of research on Druitt that I am at present. Of course, there could be a researcher I am totally unaware of. I cannot conceive, however, of any evidence being uncovered that would point much further toward his guilt. The question I seek to answer is why he was a suspect.
          I would like to further endorse we are in no way the same person...as aspallek seems to know what he is talking about...and I am merely trying to get educated...but i'm sure in due course we will get mixed up again when i publish me "Minnie mouse was Jack" compendium

Comment

• Andy, you used the word 'I' eighteen times there.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspallek View Post

Hello Andrew

I very much appreciate your explanation for why you continue to study Montague John Druitt. Clearly and excellently enunciated. Bravo.

The best of luck to you, Andrew.

Chris
              Christopher T. George
              Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
              just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
              For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
              RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                Andy, you used the word 'I' eighteen times there.
                Indeed, Robert. Guilty as charged.

Of course, the reason being that I am seeking to differentiate myself from someone else having the same name and last initial as I. Do you understand?

Comment

• Indeed Andy. I am I as you are you as he is he and we are all together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    Indeed Andy. I am I as you are you as he is he and we are all together.
                    I am the eggman.

Comment

• Goo Goo Goo Joob

Comment

• I tried listening to this today. At 23 minutes AP's connection in the audio transmission became garbled so I stopped. So the answer in to my question may be contained in the remaining portion of the broadcast and I missed it.

Quote from Paul Begg: "Files do not contain a great deal that is new"
                        Quote from AP" Broadmoor Files say Dr. Brooks was treating T Cutbush as outpatient in 1888"

Are Paul and AP working from some summary reports, which are available, let's say somewhere here on Casebook, or on Howie's JTR Forums, or in a newspaper article, and if so , what is the best synopsis of this available at this point in time and where is it located on which medium?

OR

Have Paul Begg or AP Wolf or some other researcher actually travelled to the Berkshire Archives in Reading, UK and obtained copies of said files, and are working from a block of material which has not yet been collated and published for the public. Quoting things that only certain people know from the newly released archives.

OR

I do not understand.

Roy
                        Last edited by Roy Corduroy; 12-13-2009, 08:03 PM.
                        Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Hi Roy, I believe AP, Paul Begg, Richard Jones and many others viewed the files when they were made available back in November 1888.

Richard Jones carried a summary of the files on his site here, http://www.jack-the-ripper-tour.com/thomas-cutbush.html

Hope this helps.
                          Regards Mike

Comment

• To be specific, and to the point, Roy, I was able to match up information from the Broadmoor files to information already in the public domain for some years now proving that Thomas Cutbush was being treated as an 'out patient' in the autumn of 1888... in other words Thomas Cutbush was not confined to a hospital or an asylum during the Whitechapel Murders; hence he was very much on the street.
                            Until that moment on the podcast we had been unable to establish the whereabouts of Thomas Cutbush in the autumn of 1888. Now we can.
                            I think How was the only person to acknowledge what a massive step forward this was, and that by a sharp draw on his whisky by the sound of it.
                            Thanks for your interest, and I'm pleased to say my internet connection is now a lot more audible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                              I was able to match up information from the Broadmoor files to information already in the public domain for some years now proving that Thomas Cutbush was being treated as an 'out patient' in the autumn of 1888... in other words Thomas Cutbush was not confined to a hospital or an asylum during the Whitechapel Murders; hence he was very much on the street..
                              Ok, great, AP, thanks for clarifying that.

I'm pleased to say my internet connection is now a lot more audible
                              That's good news too. And my comment about the technical problems in no way reflects anything bad. Stuff happens. I am catching up listening to some episodes I missed, and say Jonathan - Thanks for all the work and thought you put into it.

Roy
                              Sink the Bismark

Comment

Working...
                              X