No announcement yet.

Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it ironic that a website filled with detectives poring over the tiniest piece of evidence have a dismissive attitude about something that will probably affect their very lives.

Breitbart and Fox news create a false pardigm of distrust regarding mainstream (lamestream) media, convincing the fearful that only they can be trusted to bring you the truth, and as such we now have what is probably the most corrupt (or will be) administration in American history, again led by an inveterate liar who tells you that only he stands between you and whatever hate you happen to have at that moment.

Connect the dots on this man. Research. There is waaaay too much smoke, to much deflection, obfuscation, and straight up falsehoods for this administration to not be hiding something they don't want us to know. There are valid reasons that members of the House and Senate (and not strictly along partisan lines) believe we are in the midst of a constitutional crisis. Blow it off if you want, but there is something very rotten in Denmark.

Comment

Yes, but then today Trump said...

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
      Trump should have fired Comey in January? Fine. However, Trump claims he only sacked Comey on the request of the DOJ(and he has a letter to prove it). Trump is either lying, or he is acting as any President would after such a request. Until proven otherwise im going to assume the latter is true particularly as he has a written DOJ document to back him.
      ...that he had intended to fire Comey BEFORE he got the request from the Department of Justice.

Also, FBI groups disagree with the White House summation that Comey was doing a bad job, and lacked the confidence of the agents he over-saw.

Look, I think the legal stuff shows the President could fire anyone at any time, and it's true Comey overstepped his duties by deciding the Clinton e-mail thing was nothing (that's up to the Department of Justice to do)-- but I think the timing of this dismissal, the way it was carried out while Comey was out of town, and the scramble by WH staffers to talk about it in a logical fashion are all troubling.

Now the WH is upset that pictures of Trump smiling and shaking hands with Russian big-wigs have turned up on social media in Russia, when American press photographers were not allowed in the Oval Office.

The White House did not anticipate that the Russian government would allow its state news agency to post photographs of an Oval Office meeting between President Donald Trump, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russia’s ambassador to the US, a White House official said.

Fun times over here...
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Allen View Post
        I find it ironic that a website filled with detectives poring over the tiniest piece of evidence have a dismissive attitude about something that will probably affect their very lives.

Breitbart and Fox news create a false pardigm of distrust regarding mainstream (lamestream) media, convincing the fearful that only they can be trusted to bring you the truth, and as such we now have what is probably the most corrupt (or will be) administration in American history, again led by an inveterate liar who tells you that only he stands between you and whatever hate you happen to have at that moment.

Connect the dots on this man. Research. There is waaaay too much smoke, to much deflection, obfuscation, and straight up falsehoods for this administration to not be hiding something they don't want us to know. There are valid reasons that members of the House and Senate (and not strictly along partisan lines) believe we are in the midst of a constitutional crisis. Blow it off if you want, but there is something very rotten in Denmark.
        Hello, Lord Allen-- as a librarian I agree with you about the problems with getting people to look at an issue objectively, especially when they are going to look for (and find!) internet articles which support their own personal worldview. Whose news is the "fake news"?, we might ask.

Yes, definitely look at a variety of sources and consider each story carefully.

Tip: Some of your links in your previous post may not have worked because they were from newspaper and journal sites that require a subscription to read articles there.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
          ...that he had intended to fire Comey BEFORE he got the request from the Department of Justice.

Also, FBI groups disagree with the White House summation that Comey was doing a bad job, and lacked the confidence of the agents he over-saw.

Look, I think the legal stuff shows the President could fire anyone at any time, and it's true Comey overstepped his duties by deciding the Clinton e-mail thing was nothing (that's up to the Department of Justice to do)-- but I think the timing of this dismissal, the way it was carried out while Comey was out of town, and the scramble by WH staffers to talk about it in a logical fashion are all troubling.

Now the WH is upset that pictures of Trump smiling and shaking hands with Russian big-wigs have turned up on social media in Russia, when American press photographers were not allowed in the Oval Office.

The White House did not anticipate that the Russian government would allow its state news agency to post photographs of an Oval Office meeting between President Donald Trump, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russia’s ambassador to the US, a White House official said.

Fun times over here...

Trump intended to fire Comey before he recieved the DOJ request? This may or may not be true(in fact I was earlier going to suggest Trump's DOJ excuse was just that - an excuse). Be that as it may, the DOJ request does give him political cover to fire Comey. Political cover to do something of this sort is what any competent politician requires.

With regards to Comey's popularity or unpopularity among FBI agents. Sorry, but I can find previous articles claiming Comey WAS unpopular among rank and file FBI agents. Your link is no more trustworthy than many previous links contradicting yours. In reality none of us know how popular Comey was among agents. Right now we are in the middle of a pissing contest between Trump, Democrats, Republicans and the FBI. Personally, I would not trust any of them to be telling me the entire truth. They are all slanting the truth to their own agenda.

I disagree with you about the timing being the troubling issue. I can as good as guarantee had Trump fired Comey with immediate affect as soon as he took office in January he would have been accused of recklessness; of being hot headed. Criticizing the timing is usually the easy way out for political opponents.

As for the photos in the White House with Russian officials. No White House source has been named. I do find it fairly unlikely(though I could be wrong) that the White House would let Russian media in to take photos and not expect those photos to be published. If it all sounds too unlikely then there is a good chance the story is just that, unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
            Trump intended to fire Comey before he recieved the DOJ request? This may or may not be true(in fact I was earlier going to suggest Trump's DOJ excuse was just that - an excuse). Be that as it may, the DOJ request does give him political cover to fire Comey. Political cover to do something of this sort is what any competent politician requires.

With regards to Comey's popularity or unpopularity among FBI agents. Sorry, but I can find previous articles claiming Comey WAS unpopular among rank and file FBI agents. Your link is no more trustworthy than many previous links contradicting yours. In reality none of us know how popular Comey was among agents. Right now we are in the middle of a pissing contest between Trump, Democrats, Republicans and the FBI. Personally, I would not trust any of them to be telling me the entire truth. They are all slanting the truth to their own agenda.

I disagree with you about the timing being the troubling issue. I can as good as guarantee had Trump fired Comey with immediate affect as soon as he took office in January he would have been accused of recklessness; of being hot headed. Criticizing the timing is usually the easy way out for political opponents.

As for the photos in the White House with Russian officials. No White House source has been named. I do find it fairly unlikely(though I could be wrong) that the White House would let Russian media in to take photos and not expect those photos to be published. If it all sounds too unlikely then there is a good chance the story is just that, unlikely.
            Hi Jason
            good post. It dosnt matter when or how Trump fired him-he would be criticized either way.

as for what people thought of Comey inside the FBI? well I can answer that from first hand experience.

I have been in Intel/DOD for over 15 years and have worked indirectly on FBI contracts. I know many people who are lifetime FBI, at all levels, and most of them think it was time for Comey to go, for the reasons I stated in my first post.

Ive been saying for along time, that our Intel/federal law enforcement agencies need a shake up in general. and I'm not the only one working in this area that does.
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

What ? is the leaders of one super power supposed to have absolutely no communication or dealings with another? Good grief.
              Well.....
              - I think you know when foreign leaders meet, meetings are announced publicly, not kept secret.
              - I think you know when foreign leaders meet the media are invited, there are both video and audio recordings, not kept secret.
              - I think you know when foreign leaders meet the topics of discussion are made known, not kept secret.

So why all the denials, why all the deception, why all the resistance, why is everyone in this Rogues Gallery of an administration contradicting each other?

I did say this will be an entertaining few years....
              The fewer, the better....
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                Well.....
                - I think you know when foreign leaders meet, meetings are announced publicly, not kept secret.
                - I think you know when foreign leaders meet the media are invited, there are both video and audio recordings, not kept secret.
                - I think you know when foreign leaders meet the topics of discussion are made known, not kept secret.

So why all the denials, why all the deception, why all the resistance, why is everyone in this Rogues Gallery of an administration contradicting each other?

I did say this will be an entertaining few years....
                The fewer, the better....
                Sorry, I don't think this is true at all. Many meetings between "leaders" are publicized, but many are not well publicized. Most meeting(I assume) are not recorded, or if they are recorded the recordings are not released to the press or public. Here is a pic below from the meeting, a meeting which was covered by some Russian media outlets. Have a look. Other than Trump I see at least 9 individuals present. I assume another half dozen or so are not in the photograph but were present in the room. What are the chances this meeting was EVER going to remain secret? None.

Instead of this meeting meant as a "secret meeting" I rather suspect you are all being trolled.

Comment

Joshua, I said nothing about "most". I did say the media are invited, not in every case, I know. When they are invited then of course they are recording the meeting.
                  Trump just held one meeting recently with the Russian media present, but American media was not invited. The guy's a fool, and now we have about a half-dozen reason's why he fired Comey - none of them can get their story's straight - they're a joke, the lot of them.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Joshua, I said nothing about "most". I did say the media are invited, not in every case, I know. When they are invited then of course they are recording the meeting.
                    Trump just held one meeting recently with the Russian media present, but American media was not invited. The guy's a fool, and now we have about a half-dozen reason's why he fired Comey - none of them can get their story's straight - they're a joke, the lot of them.
                    Well I agree with that. Why they even waste their time on trying to explain to the press why and how he was fired is beyond me. Just say your thing and move on. They get sucked into all the bullshit when they should just say their piece and ignore the rest. This back and forth the WH engages in is stupid.
                    They're gonna catch crap no matter what they do.
                    So just do it, give your reason, and go.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Have you considered that there may indeed have been half a dozen reasons as to why Comey was fired?

Comment

Hi Jason
                        good post. It dosnt matter when or how Trump fired him-he would be criticized either way.

as for what people thought of Comey inside the FBI? well I can answer that from first hand experience.

I have been in Intel/DOD for over 15 years and have worked indirectly on FBI contracts. I know many people who are lifetime FBI, at all levels, and most of them think it was time for Comey to go, for the reasons I stated in my first post.

Ive been saying for along time, that our Intel/federal law enforcement agencies need a shake up in general. and I'm not the only one working in this area that does.
                        Thank you for these sort of replies. They are welcome. Sorry I haven't responded previously but im too busy giving plausible alternative scenarios & explanations in response to some of the more outrageous claims made against Trump on here.

Comment

Hi Jason

Abby, definitely without going into real detail, what exactly was your job entailing that involved FBI contacts? I worked with a really good investigator at the New York State Dept. of Health, and he had such contacts, but he had these cases that crossed State and Federal investigations.

Jeff

Comment

Mobster.

Latest Trump tweet: "James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......

Is he suggesting that he has wire-tapped the FBI Director?

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                              Mobster.

Latest Trump tweet: "James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......

Is he suggesting that he has wire-tapped the FBI Director?
                              again I don't know why he engages in this nonsense-as I said before he gets into this little petty back and forth. stupid

That being said, the Russia thing, so far looks to be nothing there. They need to **** or get off the pot. One thing for sure that we do know is that there are leakers-within our government and they need to be caught.

I'm surprised that they can have the intel werwithall to nail Flynn about his talks with the russians, but cant find out who the hell leaked in our own government? give me a break.

I would also add, something we definitely also know, is that Clinton broke the law by not only having classified info on her personal server, but that she actually sent classified info to uncleared people. Its no different if she walked out of the SCIF with hard copies in her brief case.

people have gotten sent up the river for much less-the FBI needs to reopen that investigation.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Another gem I have only just picked up on. Apparently this patriotic "America First" president barred US photographers, but allowed Russian photographers into the Oval office yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X