Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy

Hello,
    My name is Shelly. I am brand new to the world of Jack the Ripper and eager to learn more. I just read a novel called The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy I know it's a work of fiction, the author makes that clear in a note at the start and also in her interviews, but it really got me curious. I went online right away and bought Donald Rumbelow's book because I read in an interview with the author that was the book that started her fascination with the subject.

G'day Shelly

Welcome to casebook, I've never read "The Rippers Wife" so really can't comment. This s great place but can at times get a bit heated, some poeple can take it a bit personal if you disagree with their pet theory.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Welcome..

Hi Shelly,

Welcome to the mad house! Haven't heard of that book, but there are lots of good Ripper reads available.

Read as much as you can, with an open mind, and then don't be afraid to post your favourite theory on here for discussion.
      After all, it's a very old unsolved case so new blood & fresh ideas inject new perspectives in to reoccurring themes.

Enjoy,
      Amanda

Comment

G'day Amanda

"New blood" was never in short supply when Jack was at work.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          G'day Amanda

"New blood" was never in short supply when Jack was at work.
          Think that's the third time you've made me splutter coffee up my ipad Gut!

Never did get to Toynbee Street to look for a new one...

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
            Think that's the third time you've made me splutter coffee up my ipad Gut!

Never did get to Toynbee Street to look for a new one...

Amanda
            I try!
            G U T

Comment

Hi Shelly,

I like the sound of that book. I will look for a copy.

Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
              X