No announcement yet.

Anthrax Case Solved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a segment on Nova covering this case, some scientists weren't so sure Ivins was guilty despite the "certainty" of the FBI. For one thing, not one single spore of anthrax was ever found on Ivins' property. What would they have without the suicide?
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I am sorry to go off topic here, but where is the A6 Murder thread? Surely it didn't get deleted?

Comment

I see A6 listed all the time. Is there more than one thread devoted to that case?

Now back to Anthrax. Does anyone know of another case where this was used as a murder weapon? There are some other cases, like Dr. Hyde, where a bacterium was used to slay a victim but I don't recall any with this agent.

Stan Reid

Comment

I haven't heard any more about Grassley's commission. Apparently, he's too busy getting us to burn E15.

Stan Reid

Comment

Are far as the actual contaminated locations, they could trace them back except to Ivins.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              According to reports, he passed a polygraph where he denied having anything to do with the crimes
              Actually, Ivins passed two polygraphs according to his lawyer. This is in his favor, although, by no means, exculpatory.

Has anyone heard what this "new technology" was that the Feds used to finger Ivins?

Stan Reid

Comment

My grandfather had a cow that he said died of anthrax but I don't know how he knew that. He buried it where it dropped.

Stan Reid

Comment

No autopsy was performed on Ivins either. Why not?

Stan Reid

Comment

I heard on the radio today that the FBI is closing this case even though there's no evidence. Somehow, I thought they were better than that but I was obviously mistaken.

Stan Reid

Comment

I guess a CYA is a bigger concern that possibly letting the actual killer go free.

Stan Reid

Comment

The five death toll for the case included two DC postal workers, an NYC hospital employee, a 94-year-old Connecticut woman and a Florida photo editor. None of these were known to Ivins as far as can be determined. If he's guilty, he must be one of the most diabolical killers ever.

Stan Reid

Comment

I guess this guy had the stuff all packaged up and ready to go so he could just pop it in the post in case some terrorists decided to fly airliners into the WTC someday.

Stan Reid

Comment

Too bad the dead can't sue.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                              I guess this guy had the stuff all packaged up and ready to go so he could just pop it in the post in case some terrorists decided to fly airliners into the WTC someday.
                              Unless the WTC was just a catalyst? Maybe we're supposed to believe that.

I think they believe, these days, that most people will believe anything they're told.
                              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
                                I think they believe, these days, that most people will believe anything they're told.
                                Yes they do and there might be some truth to that.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X