Trevor Marriott Serial Killer Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Marriott Serial Killer Tour

Trevor Marriott has just embarked on a nationwide lecture tour entitled ‘The World’s Worst Serial Killers’.
    The first event was held last night in Chelmsford Theatre. I had heard it advertised when Trevor was interviewed about it on BBC Radio Essex a couple for weeks before. I was driving around the back ways of Essex for work and this was the only channel I could get on my car radio!

The Theatre was very full – there must have been 200 people there and they seemed to represent a wide cross section, but with a lot of student types being present (I think they got in for £10 instead of the usual £12).

It lasted two hours, with an interval. Some of Trevor’s critics will be disappointed perhaps but it was very well received. I found it interesting. It exploded many of the ‘a serial killer wouldn’t do that’ type of theorising.
    Trevor presented some interesting but disturbing video clips of various serial killers explaining themselves or rather usually giving self-justification for their actions. Most I hadn’t seen before. He also showed many crime scene photos which were even more disturbing.

All in all I would recommend this tour to people interesting in this field.
    I had a chat with Trevor in the interval – which was the first time I had ever spoken to him!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	trevor marriott 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	671185
    Click image for larger version

Name:	trevor marriott 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	671186

The tour dates:
    http://www.trevormarriott.co.uk/?page_id=55

Comment

Good luck Trevor, anything that brings more interest and provides accurate information is OK by me.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Dont think your get a big turn out in Frome but I will see you there! just look out for the guy that looks like wolverine.

Comment

Avoid this like the plague

Comment

I must admit that a visit to Trevor Marriott's website left me more intrigued by his novel "Prey Time", in which the residents of Whitechapel "would find themselves in the grip of fear as to what was to become known as The Autumn of Terror".

Apparently Mr Marriott's heroine is "Emma Holmes daughter of the legendary Sherlcock [sic!] Holmes".

Could it possibly be as funny as it sounds? And is there any chance of Mr Marriott taking it on tour?

Comment

Hi Chris. Debra Arif read the novel and couldn't say enough about it. She said basically Trevor writes himself into the Abberline character, so from that you can imagine how it must read. If I didn't already have 50 books in queue I'd probably read it as a humorous curiosity.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

"The doctor smiles at Abberline and says, "Well, I can see where you are coming from now Inspector. Obviously, we need fresh organs to be able to teach our students about the human anatomy. Fresh organs are few and far between. We have to rely on people to die..."

Prey Time by Trevor Marriott.
                Last edited by Debra A; 02-11-2014, 12:41 AM.

Comment

She looks over her shoulder and says, 'Come on then what are you waiting for? It's all hot, wet and ready for you.' She turns back to face the fence, expecting the man to penetrate her from the rear.

The man approaches her from the rear, armed with a different type of weapon to that which she is expecting.

Trevor Marriott, Prey Time

Comment

Incidentally, looking at the tour poster, I won't tell him about the missing apostrophe in the word World's if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by m_w_r View Post
                      Incidentally, looking at the tour poster, I won't tell him about the missing apostrophe in the word World's if you don't.
                      Good one, M-Dubs.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        I must admit that a visit to Trevor Marriott's website left me more intrigued by his novel "Prey Time", in which the residents of Whitechapel "would find themselves in the grip of fear as to what was to become known as The Autumn of Terror".

Apparently Mr Marriott's heroine is "Emma Holmes daughter of the legendary Sherlcock [sic!] Holmes".

Could it possibly be as funny as it sounds? And is there any chance of Mr Marriott taking it on tour?

http://www.trevormarriott.co.uk/?page_id=204
                        Thank you for posting this, what a great link.

"Marriot writes a compelling, Victorian crime mystery novel, based on the original Whitechapel Murders of 1888, which contains many twists and turns leading to an unexpected and surreal thought-provoking final conclusion"......Salman Rushdie author of Midnight's Children

Comment

Originally posted by m_w_r View Post
                          She looks over her shoulder and says, 'Come on then what are you waiting for? It's all hot, wet and ready for you.' She turns back to face the fence, expecting the man to penetrate her from the rear.

The man approaches her from the rear, armed with a different type of weapon to that which she is expecting.

Trevor Marriott, Prey Time
                          I expect it was a fork, Mark. He probably thought she was offering him a steak and kidney pudding.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                          X