No announcement yet.

George Chapman : Whitechapel Murderer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Chapman : Whitechapel Murderer ?

Ok all,
    Friday once more and today's new suspect poll.

Another in the series to see the grades from 1-10 .
    Chapman/Klosowski - the poisoner,hairdresser and publican.
    Over to you...

The usual : 1= NEVER,10= DEFINATE.
    1 NEVER
    19.35%
    9.68%
    12.90%
    3.23%
    12.90%
    9.68%
    16.13%
    3.23%
    6.45%
    10 DEFINATELY
    6.45%

thank you Barry

i do enjoy your polls! In fact, your Polls are Pearls (sorry, couldn't resist that joke, apologies to Martha Tabram!) I did my first poll the other day too!

I voted a 7 as i still think he is a good suspect,being a known serial killer living local at the time.

Have a good weekend!
    babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Thanks Jen.
      I thought this weeks suspect might get a good range of voting on the board so to speak,and it is already proving that way.
      I haven't seen your poll for some reason !!
      I will have a peep at it now.

You have a good'un too this weekend (any weekend is good when it does'nt involve work for me !!)

Comment

you're quite welcome B

I've put a photo on my profile if you want to see who you are talking to...not accepting any lawsuits regarding nightmares or mental trauma though...if you look at it it's at your own risk!

I'm also close to being able to start reading about Bury...just finishing SPE's and PG's The Lodger, which has been very thorough and interesting...may need to chat to you about it when i do if you are around?

tc and have a good weekend
        babybird

George Sand

Comment

No probs,i should be around most weekdays and most nights (if i'm not in the hot tub - lucky me ) so just let me know.
          As for your photo you look fine to me so stop being a negative wally !!

Comment

I gave him a 2. He's in my top 5.
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

hi Stan

that's a low score if he is in your top five isn't it?
              babybird

George Sand

Comment

10 for me. Mind you, I don't know... he might be gay with that moustache

Comment

Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                  that's a low score if he is in your top five isn't it?
                  I have to keep them low otherwise I'll wind up totaling more than 10. If it's not a linear scale then I'd rate him a little higher so the question is: Is the scale to be taken as linear? My guess was that it is but perhaps I'm wrong.
                  This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

i dont know Stan

i kind of read 2 as well there is a small possibility but it's not very likely, as it is only one step up from absolutely not.

Maybe we have opened up a can of worms with this lol!
                    babybird

George Sand

Comment

I gave him a 7,the man is a serial killer and the only reason i didnt go higher is the different MO.But Chapman was capable of virtually anything it appears

Comment

Originally posted by ianincleveland View Post
                        I gave him a 7,the man is a serial killer and the only reason i didnt go higher is the different MO.But Chapman was capable of virtually anything it appears
                        The question is who, whether known serial killer or not, is capable of the "anything" that includes evisceration and the taking of organs? Innumerable people in history have felt a need to poison, shoot or strangle, and have made those desires a reality - however, evisceration and organ-theft is a comparatively rare "need" and an even rarer behaviour to carry out.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hi Sam,

True enough, but this rare behaviour was also extremely short-lived and whoever indulged in it spent 99.9999999999% of his life not indulging in it.

If he was forced to stop when he had barely got going, fair enough. That's what I tend to think happened. But of all the suspects with the means and opportunity to carry on ripping after the last recorded Whitechapel murder, but didn't do so, at least Chapman clearly exhibited his capacity for destroying women who foolishly crossed his path. That may put him below certain suspects who couldn't have kicked a cat after the last murder, but it surely puts him head and shoulders above those still fighting fit who had no record of harming the ladies, either before, during or after 1888, let alone leaving a string of dead ones in their wake.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          Last edited by caz; 08-21-2009, 08:13 PM.
                          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                          X