Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 conference: How to Register After the Deadline

Hi all.

I met with the nice folks at the Sheraton today, and while registration for non-locals is technically past, we still have some spots left.

We can still accept registrations on a first come, first serve basis with a few differences.

The hotel is no longer holding rooms for us, so please email me first to check on availability. Also, the special conference rate no longer applies. This means you have the following options: 1) Paying a higher rate for the room (check with me for prices) 2) Paying the local rate and finding a hotel elsewhere on your own.

In the past #2 would have been a pain, as the hotels were a tad more isolated, but this year's event is a five-minute walk from downtown. It's less than that to the Holiday Inn (and a lovely walk through the World's Fair Park), so staying off site wouldn't be unreasonable at all.

The bottom line is, if you still want to register, we can work it out, just check with me first (and soon).

Email: thekellyrobinson@gmail.com

It turns out that we still have one room reserved and available at the lower conference rate. We had one, and then got some one in it, and now checked and have another. So if anyone out of town can swing a last minute trip (probably from somewhere nearby that they can drive, unless he or she is good at last minute plane bookings), please get in contact with Kelly right away.

There is also still a couple of days for local registrations, if you are in the area and would drive in and back home each day (or find a different hotel or place to stay). Again, pleas let us know if you would like to come, as you'd just barely get in before the deadline for getting catering totals in to the hotel staff if you act now.

The conference website is www.Ripperology.com/conference/ if you haven't checked it out the previous times we posted here.

Also, anyone who has registered should have gotten an email with the schedule and some other related information. I know sometimes emails disappear, so if you already signed up but don't recall seeing an email recently, please let us know.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it next weekend. We'll have some history-making announcements on top of a strong list of speakers and lots of great items available in the auction and raffle -- including an extremely rare copy of the limited edition numbered version (81/100) of Camille Wolff's 1995 Who Was Jack the Ripper? with signatures from most of the contributors. Simon Wood quite generously donated that and some other items, with proceeds going to the Children With Leukaemia charity in memory of Jeremy Beadle.

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

I was tempted...it's only a five hour drive. I could make it. Oh well, I still owe Rob a drink sometime in the future. Somebody make Alan Sharp sing or it's not a proper conference. Hope y'all have fun.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Ally. It certainly won't be the same without you guys, but I think we'll manage to have a good time nonetheless, however tiara-free. I'm hoping that I can make Alan sing and give us a preview of the stand-up routine.

-Kelly

Comment

Damn...I am going to have to drive down for sure now. The Irish are such stitches.

Let all Oz be agreed;
          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Working...
          X