Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Don't blame me, blame the Jewes."

Hello everyone!

I read on wikipedia about MJK, that dr. Bond apparantly wrote in his notes regarding the crime-scene:
    "There was also a note. It said, "Don't blame me, blame the Jewes."

I've never read this in any of my research into the the ripper.
    Is this a true quote, or is it another example of why wiki can't be trusted?

Any other threads about this?

Oldest scapegoating phrase in the book. LOL

I may just use that the next time I get in trouble foe something...ha ha nah, just kidding.

Since I personally have never heard of anything like that, my guess is it was the work of some prankster fooling around on the wiki pages. This is why Wikipedia and similar websites can't be used for good research, you don't know what is actual fact and what is just plain old B.S.
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Thanks!
      I thought as much, but had to be certain.
      Would have been interesting though... Brought a new side to the ol' Goulston Street graffito-debate

Comment

Although this mention of a note regarding the Jewes is clearly spurious, it should be noted how this is included on Wikipedia.
        His "notes" quoted are the post mortem report on Kelly, which, as far as I can see, are cited accurately.
        This section ends...
        "Dr Bond also stated that the knife used was about an inch wide and at least six inches long, but did not believe that the murderer had any medical training or knowledge. In his report he concluded

In each case the mutilation was inflicted by a person who had no scientific nor anatomical knowledge. In my opinion he does not even possess the technical knowledge of a butcher of horse slaughterer or a person accustomed to cut up dead animals.
        There was also a note. It said, "Don't blame me, blame the Jewes."

Apart from the spurious note this is highly misleading.
        The way this is phrased, it suggests when it says "in his report he concluded..." that this alleged quote comes from the end of the post mortem report on Kelly.This is not the case at all.
        The first part of the quotes "In each case the mutilation was inflicted by a person who had no scientific nor anatomical knowledge. In my opinion he does not even possess the technical knowledge of a butcher of horse slaughterer or a person accustomed to cut up dead animals" was indeed written by Bond but does not occur in the post mortem report on Kelly.
        It comes from the long report written by Bond in which he compares the five murders. The section quoted is taken completely out of context. In his report Bond lists 11 numbered points for consideration of which the quoted passage is point number 8.

Just to re-emphasise - the alleged note about the "Jewes" is complete invention.

Comment

Or, Dr. Bond was just anti-semetic. There was no shortage of people like that in Whitechapel at the time.
          I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Hello you all!

I hope, that Wikipedia isn't creating a new urban legend here!

All the best
            Jukka
            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
              Hello you all!

I hope, that Wikipedia isn't creating a new urban legend here!

All the best
              Jukka
              Hello Jukka,

No, but the person who wrote the piece for submission is trying to... And as spoofs go...well....
              lame, is what I call it.

best wishes

Phil
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
              Accountability? ....

Comment

Well, I didn't write it (I neither did the Juwes, I might add), but I have now reported the 'spoof' through the proper wiki-channels, so hopefully it will be removed.

Comment

Hello Diddles,

No, I didnt mean you, I meant the writer who supplied Wiki..well done for reporting it... nicely spotted that was. Well done indeed!

best wishes

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

It sounds like a new twist on the Goulston Grafitti to me.

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Working...
                    X