No announcement yet.

Did the Seaside Home ID happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the man described by Hutchinson have been Kozminski?
    Following the same line of thought, could Hutchinson have been Anderson's witness then?
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
      Following the same line of thought, could Hutchinson have been Anderson's witness then?
      because of the detailed description he gave there is no doubt he would have been able to identify Kosminski so it would have been case solved and we would never have heard of jack the ripper.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
        because of the detailed description he gave there is no doubt he would have been able to identify Kosminski so it would have been case solved and we would never have heard of jack the ripper.
        According to Anderson/Swanson (in combination) the witness did identify Kosminski.
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

According to Anderson/Swanson (in combination) the witness did identify Kosminski.
          "Unhesitatingly". But, of course, unlike Hutchinson the witness was supposedly Jewish.

Comment

Well if that's the case and considering the seriousness of these crimes there would have been a conclusion and kosminski wouldn't have been left to pop of to an asylum for years and sir Melville wouldn't have even mentioned druitt and ostrog.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
              Hi Pink,

Didn't nearly all the murders take place at weekends or during Bank Holidays? I believe it's been suggested that the dates imply the killer was probably in gainful employment and killed on his days off.
              That would have been extremely disciplined, unless of course he worked during the night.

I would have thought that the obliteration of Mary Kelly suggests the killer had highly abnormal urges, and such urges may have been too much to save for a weekend.

Comment

• Why didn't he kill on say a Tuesday morning or an early Wednesday evening then?
                If you look at just the C-5 plus Martha Tabram there is a pattern of Bank Holidays and near weekend killings, possibly after the murderer, if he was in regular, not casual employment, had been paid. With money in his pocket as a lure and after a few drinks at the pub Jack was probably ready to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                  Well if that's the case and considering the seriousness of these crimes there would have been a conclusion and kosminski wouldn't have been left to pop of to an asylum for years and sir Melville wouldn't have even mentioned druitt and ostrog.
                  Ah but thats what i've been arguing MacNaughten didn't know about the ID.

MacNaughten only knew about the original survey lance up noto when he says March 1889

The ID took place far later and shortly before February 1891

Thus MacNaughten correctly favoured Druit given the information he had.

Anderson and Swanson favour Kozminski because they knew about the ID.

The witness was either Schwartz or as Karsten suggests the witness to the attempted murder of Matilda in Brick Lane

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                    Why didn't he kill on say a Tuesday morning or an early Wednesday evening then?
                    If you look at just the C-5 plus Martha Tabram there is a pattern of Bank Holidays and near weekend killings, possibly after the murderer, if he was in regular, not casual employment, had been paid. With money in his pocket as a lure and after a few drinks at the pub Jack was probably ready to go.
                    or was it something to do with the Sabbath? Religious further

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                      Why didn't he kill on say a Tuesday morning or an early Wednesday evening then?
                      I think it wouldn't have been a good idea to kill on an early Wednesday evening as the cover of darkness helped him out in his adventures.

The idea that he worked during the week and so saved it for the weekend doesn't wash with me. Someone with that level of need wouldn't have had the discipline to contain his urges.

Which, leaves one of two scenarios: he killed when he visited the area, or he didn't have a choice as he lived with someone during the week.

Comment

Working...
                      X