The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
    Or the dude lived in the building and dropped it there. When he realized his mistake, it was too late to do anything about it. Yes, I know....but it is a possibility. I admit I know almost nothing about who actually lived in the building though.
    That would make him essentially a moron not a "cunning phantom".. ...but I do get the point Celesta. If he lived in the Model Homes, he was almost certainly Jewish. They were approx 90% Jewish resident there. Which would make a spelling of "Juewes/Juwes" an issue. And no drops of blood on the steps into the buildings....which some might say is because the organs he may have carried with the cloth he no longer needed when he arrives "home", and he pops them into his pocket. Not a huge issue with that, other than wondering why he wouldnt have done that while over Kate, and saved himself from making the noise in a deserted square that the ripping and cutting of the apron surely caused.

My bet is that at least one of the major players in the Club did live there though....if Kates killer wrote the GSG that is. I think my take on the evidence suggests that whoever wrote it was not attempting to exonerate Jews from blame, but rather the opposite.

All the best Celesta.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-21-2009, 06:32 PM.

Comment

That's true about the Jewish residents. I don't know about moron, but he could have been a bit flustered and probably tired from the experience(s), incldg having to avoid the police. Anyone can make that kind of mistake. I wonder if there's a list of the residents. I don't know if I've seen anything like that. Have you heard anyone mention that a member of the club lived in the bidg? I have a vague memory of something from the recent past. Can't think who though.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm in a romantic mood tonight, listening to Phyllis Dillon and Joya Landis, and so I tell you: Jack killed twice and wrote the graffito.

Amitiés all, and Cel first of all,
        David

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
          Hi all,

I'm in a romantic mood tonight, listening to Phyllis Dillon and Joya Landis, and so I tell you: Jack killed twice and wrote the graffito.

Amitiés all, and Cel first of all,
          David
          I think there may also be alcohol involved judging by that statement David.

From my state of sobriety , Jack killed once and left the apron and wrote the graffito so people would know that, and whom of the 2 it was, and who actually should be blamed for the other death.

All the best David.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV
            Jack killed twice and wrote the graffito.
            I quite agree!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Jack wrote the graffiti and left the piece of apron in the doorway as the police claimed.And he murdered in Berner Street first and sped on to Mitre Square to obey his urge to mutilate.

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
                I think there may also be alcohol involved judging by that statement David.
                You're right, Mike, I was drunk to hell.
                In vino veritas, though...

Amitiés mon cher,
                David

Comment

Mea Culpa

Didnt I just post that same suggestion in the immediately preceding post?
                  Sorry, Michael; I missed that sentence of yours about the writing possibility being done beforehand.
                  My excuse must be that 'great minds think alike'.

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                    Sorry, Michael; I missed that sentence of yours about the writing possibility being done beforehand.
                    My excuse must be that 'great minds think alike'.

Best regards, Archaic
                    I get so few positives back I guess I pulled that one out of you unnecessarily, but thanks "A".

Its interesting that the only major thing that divides my opinion from yours David and Tom is "how many".

I also have to say that now that I am seriously exploring the possibility that James Brown saw the last man with Liz, Im not so opposed to a potential Jack...maybe from the yard. I dont see that encounter being as prejudicial to the suspects guilt as the BSM encounter appears,... obviously. But the single complete artery-single cut is a huge problem without having her TOD, or rather TOC, clear.

I know as we all do that not only Jack attacked women with knives, if he didnt kill Martha which I believe is the case there, then that's a perfect example of a lunatic, (or two), with a blade, (or two), in that area within : edit....3 weeks.... of Pollys murder. So having two separate men out at the same time doesnt seem that impossible at all....and Martha is only one example. And there is another, 3rd, throat cutting that same night...though the suspect, her husband, turned himself in.

But there are questions with ascribing both....particularly when the women were murdered so differently....and in different jurisdictions.

Why doesnt the message address Liz if the apron addresses Kate?
                    Or does it?

Best regards all.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2009, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Why doesnt the message address Liz if the apron addresses Kate?
                      Or does it?
                      It could address Liz, couldn't it? A reference to the club members of course.
                      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

I also have to say that now that I am seriously exploring the possibility that James Brown saw the last man with Liz,
                        Hi Mike

James Brown saw the "other" couple who were hanging around the Board School in Fairclough St. This would have been cleared up if Fanny Mortimer had appeared at the inquest as she noticed them, and even spoke to them when they walked up to the Club gates to see what all the commotion was at 01.00 am.

Comment

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
                          It could address Liz, couldn't it? A reference to the club members of course.
                          Thats my take Celesta. And I believe the words "blame", and the misspelling of "Juewes/Juwes" is more likely an indication of some bias or prejudice by the author perhaps as well. It also says "men", the plural fitting the Club rather appropriately...because if this was a white wash of a murder in the yard in any way, more than one member had to be in on that deception.

For the sake of the survival of the club, Ill bet a club steward and his wife might alter some facts.

All the best, Celesta.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                            Hi Mike

James Brown saw the "other" couple who were hanging around the Board School in Fairclough St. This would have been cleared up if Fanny Mortimer had appeared at the inquest as she noticed them, and even spoke to them when they walked up to the Club gates to see what all the commotion was at 01.00 am.
                            Hey Jon,

He might well have seen that couple, thats true, but I think there are clues that perhaps he was at least thought to have actually seen Liz......one is that he does give his statement at the Inquest, while Israels 12:45am account is absent.

It is said, "He told the coroner that he was almost certain that the woman was the deceased."

Im struggling to see why Brown can be considered less viable than Schwartz based on the above.

Best regards Jon

Comment

Hello Perry Mason!

The Witty Me only now noticed this thread!

I have to say, that "almost" is always "almost"!

What it comes to the theme of this thread, I don't think JtR to have written the GSG!

All the best
                              Jukka
                              "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

The Ripper stood in the doorway within inches of the chalked message, as shown by the discovery of the bloody apron at that spot. That in itself is not proof that he wrote it, but it is highly suggestive that he did. My vote is YES, he wrote it. I also believe he was a Jew, his spelling of the word notwithstanding.
                                "We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
                                Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

Comment

Working...
                                X